Chigger and ant problem

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by Big L, May 22, 2009.

1. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Place we moved into has them bad,what do yall use to get rid of em.I have put the granules down on the yard and wetted em down now I am wanting to treat the wooden decks they are everywhere.I am curious what is safe for wood- and the kids have been wanting to play up there and I keep running them off,also the deck has been neglected so there are slight cracks in the wood so if I use a spray it will soak up quick.I am wanting to stain and waterproof next weekend,suggestions please

2. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    If you plan on staining next weekend.....don't do anything until after. For now I would mix up regular ole dish soap and water in a garden sprayer and soak down the lawn, bushes, tree trunks, everything, you can do the deck after it's stained if still needed. Critters and bugs don't like the soap residue, it's harmless and even beneficial to the lawn as it allows water and supplements to soak in easier.

3. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    soapy water,I will try that tonite- I picked my niece up last night for the weekend and did not treat the area she will be playing in,but I will try the soap around the swingset as soon as I get home.The deck is so bad I really dont want to go up there myself,so I may give it a slight treatment and see what happens