Chenney speaks out in favor of gay marriage

Discussion in 'Politics ......... (OPT IN)' started by henry, Jun 3, 2009.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

In lite of chenneys statements monday speaking out in favor of gay marriage and also stating that Iraq didn't have anything to do with 911 terrorists I figured it would be a hot button issue on here. It seems awfully quiet about such a controversial statement.

:cheers::cheers:

2. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    he has a lesbo daughter dont he? i bet f he didint speak out for it then it would be akward around the table at holidays, btw as a republican i am against gay rights, just saying :cheers:

3. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    I, for one, don't give a hoot in heck about gay marriage. It doesn't effect me in the least if it's legal. They are people too. As for Iraq, I think something needed to be done there, for sure. Did we go about it wrong? I'd say so. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I wonder if Ol Dick is angling for a presidential bid in 2012....

4. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [rquote=1285175&tid=89889&author=cummins5.9]I, for one, don't give a hoot in heck about gay marriage. It doesn't effect me in the least if it's legal. They are people too. As for Iraq, I think something needed to be done there, for sure. Did we go about it wrong? I'd say so. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I wonder if Ol Dick is angling for a presidential bid in 2012....[/rquote]

cummins it does effect you, it effects every taxpayer

5. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    [rquote=1285179&tid=89889&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1285175&tid=89889&author=cummins5.9]I, for one, don't give a hoot in heck about gay marriage. It doesn't effect me in the least if it's legal. They are people too. As for Iraq, I think something needed to be done there, for sure. Did we go about it wrong? I'd say so. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I wonder if Ol Dick is angling for a presidential bid in 2012....[/rquote]

cummins it does effect you, it effects every taxpayer [/rquote]

I don't see how. It's no different than any man and woman getting married. As far as I know, no taxpayers are paying for my wife and I.

6. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    To each his own I guess,sounds like he has to endorse it or he wouldnt be defending his family.

7. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [/rquote]

I don't see how. It's no different than any man and woman getting married. As far as I know, no taxpayers are paying for my wife and I.[/rquote]

well for one a man and a woman doesnt have the health issues that a gay or lesbian couple have, so healthcare costs, insurance costs things like that are a factord nto gay and lesbian population, wont even go into all the other reasons there should be laws against it, and honestly that kinda open mindiness from people is what has opened the borders to illegals, our open door policy cost us 9-11 we actually paid the schooling for the terroriststo learn how to fly our plains into the WTC, i know i may be narrow minded but i know what makes me feel sdafe and just saying anything goes does not make me feel safe

8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1285174&tid=89889&author=marshallgrn]he has a lesbo daughter dont he?[/rquote]

Yep...

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I don't believe for a second, that Iraq is innocent of terrorist activity. Did they have anything to do with the 9-11 attacks directly? Maybe not, but they are not innocent, IMO

10. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [rquote=1285198&tid=89889&author=fireman_3311]I don't believe for a second, that Iraq is innocent of terrorist activity. Did they have anything to do with the 9-11 attacks directly? Maybe not, but they are not innocent, IMO[/rquote]

yea i wasnt saying iraq was responsible just saying how to open of minds open wider problems imo

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1285198&tid=89889&author=fireman_3311]Did they have anything to do with the 9-11 attacks directly? Maybe not, but they are not innocent, IMO[/rquote]

I believe the term was "any country giving refuge to terrorists, will also pay the price"...or sumpin' like that.

12. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

We must have morals gentlemen... God designed marriage between a man and a woman and thats how it should be...

just sayin

13. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [rquote=1285218&tid=89889&author=Gakic24]We must have morals gentlemen... God designed marriage between a man and a woman and thats how it should be...

just sayin[/rquote]

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

14. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    he said adam and eve not adam and steve,either way i dont care as long as i dont have to listen to em especially the gay guys they get into it way to much

15. deerhunter365

deerhunter365 Active Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Salisbury/Marceline
    [rquote=1285218&tid=89889&author=Gakic24]We must have morals gentlemen... God designed marriage between a man and a woman and thats how it should be...

just sayin[/rquote]

Absolutely right. :cheers::cheers:

16. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Years ago, Jenny & I had a friend who was flagrantly gay. I told him one night, we'd get along just fine, so long as he didn't mess with me. He informed me real quick I didn't have to worry, I wasn't his type.

I've got some tolerance toward the lifestyle, but I also believe marriage is between a man & a woman. Civil union, I have no problem with. Gives both parties legal rights when they split as far as joint property.

17. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    [rquote=1285195&tid=89889&author=marshallgrn]
    well for one a man and a woman doesnt have the health issues that a gay or lesbian couple have, so healthcare costs, insurance costs things like that are a factord nto gay and lesbian population,
    [/rquote]

Wouldn't that be reason to want them to get married? Instead of being promiscuous and having many partners which is what would spread disease, they would only have the one partner.

I'm not really for or against the idea. I don't really approve of the lifestyle, but I'm not going to chastise others for being the way they are. I have lifelong friends that are gay and I'm not about to throw those friendships away because they think differently. :shrug:

18. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    [rquote=1285237&tid=89889&author=pinwheel]
    I've got some tolerance toward the lifestyle, but I also believe marriage is between a man & a woman. Civil union, I have no problem with. Gives both parties legal rights when they split as far as joint property.[/rquote]

:thinking::thinking::2thumbsup:

19. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    ive got a tolerance towards lesbians, the gay guys could all fall in the ocean for all i care :cheers:

20. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1285265&tid=89889&author=marshallgrn] ive got a tolerance towards lesbians, the gay guys could all fall in the ocean for all i care :cheers:[/rquote]

good looking lesbians, not the dykie ones...right?