Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be breathng some fresh air this weekend, enjoying some ranger riding, much fishing and trying to get an IL gobbler or two for the boys. Would be nice to find some shrooms and #35 & #36 shed wise, these are the two i want to find!
IL8.png

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We will be breathng some fresh air this weekend, enjoying some ranger riding, much fishing and trying to get an IL gobbler or two for the boys. Would be nice to find some shrooms and #35 & #36 shed wise, these are the two i want to find! View attachment 218843
he may be a 140" 8 pt :geek:

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,980 Posts
I can't believe they are having youth season on Easter weekend :giggle:

Reactions: 20'

·
Lunch break commander
8,269 Posts
Isn't youth season the 10th

·
Lunch break commander
8,269 Posts
Oops. Just seen that it was Ill.

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We woke up and listened this morning, maybe as many as 7 different gobblers, but definitely 5. Of course that means nothing as far a killing them this weekend! IL has been toug sledding for birds, but we will try and have fun, supposedly 22 mph gusts tomorrow

·
1,144 Posts
Good luck to your boys tomorrow...we will be setting up blinds this weekend and practicing a few more shots before next weekend.

·
Deadeye
5,921 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the IL gobblers that we hunt are sure real XXXXS!!!! Firday morning we woke up and listened at a couple spots and hear 4-6 different birds on the roost. Friday evening the wind was ripping pretty good and could onloy hear one sound off a long ways out. Saturday morning we set up in the dark with the blind in what I thought was a high percentage area. Birds started up well after it was too light to move very much (you can see a country mile is the woods, sparse as can be). Long story short, nothing made a peep after fludown and we never seen a bird, seen 9000 deer including a couple antlered bucks!

Saturday roost was a bust as well, Sunday morning seemed like good weather, not a gobble on the roost and only one gbble about 845.

Hopefully, Missouri birds wanna play.

Good luck to everyone taking a kid out this coming weekend for MO Youth season!

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,980 Posts
I believe that lingering winter we had is why the birds were rude. Hopefully it improves for the Missouri youth hunt.

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe that lingering winter we had is why the birds were rude. Hopefully it improves for the Missouri youth hunt.
Rude was an excellent choice of words! Would have been nice to feel we were ever in the game! Oh well, that is why it is nice when you do smack them in the face!!!!

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
the IL gobblers that we hunt are sure real XXXXS!!!! Firday morning we woke up and listened at a couple spots and hear 4-6 different birds on the roost. Friday evening the wind was ripping pretty good and could onloy hear one sound off a long ways out. Saturday morning we set up in the dark with the blind in what I thought was a high percentage area. Birds started up well after it was too light to move very much (you can see a country mile is the woods, sparse as can be). Long story short, nothing made a peep after fludown and we never seen a bird, seen 9000 deer including a couple antlered bucks!

Saturday roost was a bust as well, Sunday morning seemed like good weather, not a gobble on the roost and only one gbble about 845.

Hopefully, Missouri birds wanna play.

Good luck to everyone taking a kid out this coming weekend for MO Youth season!
Turkey hunting isnt supposed to be easy :D

You will smash em in MO again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts