Checks and Balances

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by DADAKOTA, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Federal and State Governments typically are a series checks and balances. Who does the MDC answer to? Are the head honchos appointed? If so, by whom?

2. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    obviously noone controls em, we wouldnt have qd if people w brains were in control

4. 160983

160983 Guest

Here is a link that explains about the commission. Within that page click the link by "Authority". The commission selects the director. Dont really know much more on how it is structured, who they report to, etc.

http://governor.mo.gov/boards/show/CONSERVA

5. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    And whatever would happen, we don't want them to answer to the elected officials. But there should be a way for the masses to be heard.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    By the way things have been going the past couple of years it's pretty clear they answer to nobody. If they have an agenda up their sleeves it's going to pass, and it will be doctored up and reworded to suit the masses

7. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1888282&tid=131524&author=Jeremy]By the way things have been going the past couple of years it's pretty clear they answer to nobody. If they have an agenda up their sleeves it's going to pass, and it will be doctored up and reworded to suit the masses[/rquote]

actually id venture to say they answer to whom ever donates lots of coin on the downlow...

8. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    this thread will probably change things.:toilet:

9. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    About as much as talking to anyone in olved in the mdc will. :shrug: I believe we've all seen enough "change" to last us a lifetime anyway

10. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I thought the Commission members were appointed by the Governor, but I'm not sure.

11. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I am just looking for some answers.

12. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

(1) The head of the Department of Conservation
    is a four (4)-member commission
    appointed by the governor with the advice
    and consent of the senate. The commission is
    charged with the control, management,
    restoration, conservation and regulation of