Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://mdc.mo.gov/hunt/harvest/index.php?animal=deer

They sure are a ton of button bucks taken!!
Howell Dent and Texas county sure take a lot of deer

Weird to me how many are killed so south!!! Do you guys just blast everything u see or what!! LoL!! I am joking. I would be talking to like 14 guys that are family from down there!! Guess if I had to feed the family I could kill 20 does!!!

But up North a lot of Bone Collectors more then meat hunters

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
the south will rise again:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you would have asked me a week before the start of the season, I would have said that the numbers would be up. If you would have asked me after opening day, I would have said way down. The weather was total crap, and just about all of my friends who hunted had their worst year ever. Lots of people told me they saw little or not deer. I can't figure it out, cause I saw tons of does, but I will say that I saw fewer bucks. If I have it figured correctly, this is the lowest firearms season in 10 years.

It is kind of neat to look at those numbers and see trends within a county.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it sure is in the number of a deer they take!! I have to give the South a little of a hard time I have about 6 family members that read this. But heck they just got computers last week.. lol!!! Wonder how many BC Bucks they produce??? Not many I would have to say!!!!

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
[rquote=1487272&tid=103910&author=northmobigbuck]Well it sure is in the number of a deer they take!! I have to give the South a little of a hard time I have about 6 family members that read this. But heck they just got computers last week.. lol!!! Wonder how many BC Bucks they produce??? Not many I would have to say!!!![/rquote]

Doesn't really matter on B&C score, cause a trophy is really relative to the area hunted.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Hey here in the South I kill for Food.

Tell you here is a couple counties I've hunted and can't believe Low numbers.

Chariton 707 178 642 1527

Cooper 656 230 850 1736

Moniteau 366 153 417 936

oneshot
:D The Big Grin knows why the Low Numbers :thinking: oneshot killed them all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking at the percentage of total harvest
Texas county 46% does, 13% button bucks, 41% antlered
Macon county 46% does, 16% button bucks, 39% antlered
Ozage county 48% does, 15% button bucks, 37% antlered

Looking at percentages who is shooting everything that walks by? Those northern meat hunters! lol

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
There are isolated areas that have cropland mixed in but for the most part we have fields and mile after mile of big timber..

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I think that part of the reason Texas county harvest numbers are so high is the large land area of the county, but that doesn't explain it all.
I do most of my hunting in Taney and Christian counties. Not exactly deer central but they are close to home and that equals more time hunting which equals filled tags.:claphands:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Stir pot smiliey....

Southerners hit what they aim at....nuff said.:cheers:

·
Registered
236 Posts
My belief is never pass on a deer on opening morning that you wouldn't hesitate to shoot on the last day of the season. I tend to lay off the young ones till the last minutes but I big doe eats just fine!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts