8,319 Posts
Very cool pic MS!
Keep those pics coming!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here;s a question for you guys. I started this salt lick about 2 yrs ago. I have had a camera over it for about 1.5 yrs now. This is the first time I have noticed that the deer are not stepping directly into it. They seem to be going around it and eating at the edges only. Any thoughts on why that may be? I refreshed it about 3 months ago, maybe its too strong in the middle? Anouther thing, I haven't gotten any pics of fawns yet. Out of 200+ pics there were no fawns. It seem that last year I already had a ton. Surely you guys are getting pics of fawns by now. Anywho, I thought this one looked kinda thin.

Attachments

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by mathewshutr
Here;s a question for you guys. I started this salt lick about 2 yrs ago. I have had a camera over it for about 1.5 yrs now. This is the first time I have noticed that the deer are not stepping directly into it. They seem to be going around it and eating at the edges only. Any thoughts on why that may be? I refreshed it about 3 months ago, maybe its too strong in the middle? Anouther thing, I haven't gotten any pics of fawns yet. Out of 200+ pics there were no fawns. It seem that last year I already had a ton. Surely you guys are getting pics of fawns by now. Anywho, I thought this one looked kinda thin.
Yeah.....I say that the lick is too strong in the middle. Just my opinion though. I don't have anything to base that on besides I usually see more activity after the salt has seeped into the ground, rather than when it is heaped up.

And I have not got any fawn pics yet either.....but they're out. I saw triplets yesterday.

Parker

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
:eek: good pics!

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
cool pics! Keep em comin'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.