Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Registered
3,855 Posts
Why thank you, sir! I appreciate your kind remarks. :cheers:

· Registered
1,908 Posts
Noticed my son leaning over stock to shoot, he is right handed but left eye dominant, I swapped him to the left side, it took sometime for adjustments but shoots well now.

· Registered
423 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check any new shooter to find out what their dominant eye is prior to trying to teach them how to shoot! Dominant eye is what matters, not dominant hand!
*snip*
[file]75205[/file]
Big thanks for this Vector - GREAT info! I used your method on my wife who has been shooting left handed (partially due to her claiming to be 'ambidextrous' and partially due to a 'shoulder sensitivity') and determined that she is in fact right eye dominant... She brought her hands up and BOOM, right eye. Maybe that's why she can't hit **** lol. Also used it on my niece and sister and determined that they, unlike my wife, were in fact using their proper dominant eye (My niece is actually a pretty good shot right out of the gate - we shot at a pumpkin last weekend and let's just say that had that pumpkin been a deers vital area, it would have been a dead deer).

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Old post but still rings true. I am very glad it is so helpful for you and your crew!

I do it with little kids playing with nerf guns at parties all the time!!

· Registered
1,908 Posts
Best thing I ever did for my son, he struggles a little bit shooting bow left handed but continues to work at it, i really need to find a cheap youth bow for him to shoot bowfishing to help build his shooting muscles

Reactions: Vector

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Best thing I ever did for my son, he struggles a little bit shooting bow left handed but continues to work at it, i really need to find a cheap youth bow for him to shoot bowfishing to help build his shooting muscles
Don, a Mathews Genesis would be a great one since it doesn't have a back wall. It would allow him to grow and continuously stretch his muscles while shooting.

· Registered
488 Posts
Now here's a good one for Ya'll. I'm left eye dominant, but I shoot mostly right-handed, I do leave both eyes open,
shooting rifle or crossbow, also when I can use My compound bow. I also can shoot both right and left-handed.
Your method of checking the dominant eye is one that most people I know use, Very Effective Method!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts