Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a number of various cheap scopes that have come off during upgrades. What would you reckon I should do with them? I'd feel kinda bad trashing them.

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,931 Posts
You could donate them to charitable organizations that might have a use for them…

Reactions: Wibb and 421sd

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a handful of Tasco 3-9x40 and a Weaver 3-9x40. I'll take pics a little later.

Reactions: beanpile

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
if any of those are older Japan made Tasco's in good shape you might be pleasantly surprised by the interest in them. If any of them don't hold zero though don't sell them to anyone, just throw it in the recycling bin. Donating them to a youth program is another feel good option.

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
Unless they are functionally broken those "cheap scopes" are perfect for use on 22 caliber rifles. High dollar scopes are a waste on the "not so accurate" basic over the counter 22 plinker. Granted there are 22 rifles available that are very accurate and deserve those high dollar scopes. I'm sure you can find homes among our members here. Even me.😊

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if any of those are older Japan made Tasco's in good shape you might be pleasantly surprised by the interest in them. If any of them don't hold zero though don't sell them to anyone, just throw it in the recycling bin. Donating them to a youth program is another feel good option.
I believe they are all Chinese made but I'll review them. I know the Weaver is. It's the cheap one that comes on the Savage rifles from the factory.

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Going through them I have

Aim Sports 4x - Like New

Tasco 3-9×40, model 39x40spl - used with wear

Tasco 3-9×40, model 39x40spl - used with slight wear

Simmons Deerfield 3-9×32, model 21012 - used with wear

Tasco Pronghorn 3-9x32, model PH39x32 - used with wear

I'll get pics posted in a little while.

·
Registered
31,987 Posts
We had a couple of youth rifles donated to MDS last year. I had an old 4X Weaver I put on one of them but if you would like to donate one for the other rifle it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We had a couple of youth rifles donated to MDS last year. I had an old 4X Weaver I put on one of them but if you would like to donate one for the other rifle it would be appreciated.
Absolutely. I know beanpile showed interest in the weaver but if he doesn't want it I'll donate that one. Otherwise I'll donate one of the Tascos.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Unless they are functionally broken those "cheap scopes" are perfect for use on 22 caliber rifles. High dollar scopes are a waste on the "not so accurate" basic over the counter 22 plinker. Granted there are 22 rifles available that are very accurate and deserve those high dollar scopes. I'm sure you can find homes among our members here. Even me.😊
the only issue with those used on a rimfire is the parallax setting. however if you keep your eye centered in the scope the same way each time it is a non event.
i just picked up an older B&L Scopechief in 1.5-4 that i plan on using on a rimfire. it is going on a 39A and yea i know scope on a lever action but the size and period correct finish should look great. my eyes just keep getting older for some reason.

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aim Sports 4x32
Wood Audio equipment Camera accessory Bicycle part Hardwood

- Like New

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

This one was on my Muzzleloader for a while so it has some powder burns on it.

Wood Hardwood Composite material Metal Auto part
Bicycle part Wood Office supplies Auto part Pipe

·
Registered
32,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No longer available
Wood Composite material Rectangle Hardwood Auto part

1 - 20 of 36 Posts