Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to find a set of Federal Reef Permits to lease for the year so I will now be able to run charters in Federal waters. There are several advantages to this, it gives me a 60 day red snapper season vs a 30 day state water season. While we catch a lot of fish in state waters, the fish in federal water are more plentiful, bigger, and get less pressure so are easier to catch. With only 1200 federal reef permits in the whole gulf of mexico the competition is much less.
Unfortunately this means that I am going to have to increase the price of my charters. My rate right now is $150 per hour and to offset the cost of leasing the permits and increased fuel to fish farther out I am raising my price to $175 per hour. I thought long and hard about this and while I may lose a first time trip or two because I am more expensive I think I will gain trips from guys who know the advantage of going on a federally permitted boat. That plus being able to fish snapper for an additional 30 days will really help. This will also allow me to enter my boat in the Destin Fishing Rodeo in October and be competitive.
I will still honor any discounted trips that I have scheduled for MWT members and will still offer a discounted rate to MWT members. I am waiting on the permits to process and should have them by the middle of May. I won't increase my rate until I have them in hand.
I want to thank all the MWT members who have came down to fish with me and recommended me to their friends. I will always strive to give you the best fishing trip I can so you will have your own Tall Tail to tell! Thanks guys!

· Banned
81,617 Posts
That is actually good news boog. The thread title scared me. I thought my internet was going up again. :D

Reactions: Boogan1

· Registered
3,677 Posts
Count me in! :cheers:

Reactions: Boogan1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.