charter cable ?

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by Bricky, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    does any of you use charter cable for TV or internet
    how do you like it ?
    what do you see as the pros or cons. ?
    i am on dialup now and charter is the only high speed
    i can get out here. the only drawback i can see right
    now is i cant have DVR in this area.
    there promo. right now gives high speed internet & all local +movie chanels for 12 months for about 90.00 dollars a month.

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well, I have had good experiences with them. I have cable and internet and have very very little interruptions in service. My experience only though..

I must say that their customer service leaves a bit to be desired but you dont have to deal with them very often at all.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    very very few interuptions, I should say. Fast and reliable..:dancin:

4. doublelung

doublelung New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    We have had no problems. Had the service a year and a half or so, and the wife decides we are paying too much. She called and complained and they had her agree to another full year of service and reduced the bill $25 or $30 right then and there. Try it.

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yea.. they are always willing to give you a deal but mostly on premium channels for reduced rate and for a certain period of time. Keep track, cause when that period of time falls off, you get charged full price for the package you have.

My experience has been that HBO and Showtime have almost zero value.. nothing good ever on and its usually the same deadbeat shows over and over.... I gotta have it though because of the occasional ppv boxing event. Also, dialup in my area is about as reliable as the mail.

6. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    thanks guys
    i think i'll go for it

do eather of you have the DVR ?
    they tell me i cant get it in this area.

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Dont... but not sure I would use it. I have talked to peops that have it and seems to work ok..

8. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    i have it now with dish and realy realy like it
    i'm going to miss it but to have high speed
    agin will be worth it.

9. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm about ready to drop Charter for my internet connection. I've had them for quite a while and it's been reliable up until lately. It seems to drop all the time for a few minutes and then back on again. And it does it alot to me. I've called them and nothing has been done.

10. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    brike have you noticed somthings not really right with that horsey in your avatir

oh i don't have cable so can't help you with the topic wife says if i get the hunting cannel she will never get any attention :smiley: she does have a point

11. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I had charter when I was in stl and didn't have any problems other than the guide would get screwed up from time to time.
    They may have changed it but the only outdoors type channel they had when I was there was OLN which I think is pretty bad. They may have the Outdoor channel now but I don't know.

12. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    You can always add a Tivo box to your service. We have a local company here called Unite that provides DSL or whatever it is, digital cable, and phone service all as one package. My Internet is always on and when the phone rings my TV tells me who it is. I added Tivo to get the DVR feature and love it.

13. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    I just dropped Charter for the TV. The pricing was raised and too many paid programs popping up. Switched to dish network, and after the promotion the monthly price will be almost 15.00 less a month for more channels. Dow side was that comcast owns OLN and upped their user fee to the satelite companies so I can't get Ted or Alive right now, but the outdoor channel carries Spirit of the Wild. Also, Dishnetworks Men's channel has some great hunting/fishing shows.

I kept charter phone and cable modem for the puter.

reed