Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
You looking at buying one of the? If so what will it be used for?

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Is she used to hunting? What calibers can she handle now?

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats the guessing part, she has shot my 20 gauge 1100 and she shoots her .223 but we have not gone up yet.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Does the Savage have the accu-trigger? If it did I would tell you to go with it. I have several Savages with Sharp Shooter triggers and one with the accu-trigger. The accu-trigger is awesome! The regular Savage triggers suck!

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
The 243 would not be too big of a step but I know women who find the 270 perfect for them. The 243 would be better for both deer and varmits. I'd get the 243 and later step up when her confidence grows.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok the Savage is pre Accutrigger, I really didn't get a definate 6 to 1 ratio so I went ahead and got both. I made a deal to trade my 1100, SKS and $150 cash for both. What do you think.

·
just a no body
14,786 Posts
I'd go the 243..lots of Mo deer have ben killed in missouri & andhave fallen in ther tracks.

less of a jump in Caliber

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Originally posted by Big John
ok the Savage is pre Accutrigger, I really didn't get a definate 6 to 1 ratio so I went ahead and got both. I made a deal to trade my 1100, SKS and $150 cash for both. What do you think.
Sure wish I had an 1100 in 20 Guage!

·
just a no body
14,786 Posts
Originally posted by Bronco Brian
actually there is one for sale in the KC newspaper today..but I see your in Minnie-soda

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile
Originally posted by Bronco Brian
actually there is one for sale in the KC newspaper today..but I see your in Minnie-soda
BeanPile
Didnt say I had the money-Just that I wished I had one:)
They make a nice Slug Gun for our Slug Season!

·
Registered
69,765 Posts
I never did think I would step down from my many 12 gauges until I traded for a Rem. 1100 Lt 20 gauge with a 21 inch barrel and an english grip stock. No recoil and a great little field gun. This past month I was hunting with a couple of friends that were using 12's and I was dropping just as many with my little 20 gauge as they were and it wasn't near as heavy. I have a set of extended choke tubes for mine ranging from cylinder to full. My favorite is skeet for quail.

·
Registered
69,765 Posts
It was a hunting preserve over in Mayview. Released birds. Too much clean farming anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts