Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the farm today to see what the plots I planted a week ago looked like and am happy to say it is coming up very nice.
we have had some beautiful rains here l;ately and beans are doing great and the wheat and mixture I planted last week is coming up very nice. The clover is rebounding very nice also.

[file]7607[/file]

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
RMR. you got to love a little rain............keep bringing it I say!
Clover and chicory are drinking it up...beans are filling up

Plot looks good!!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
looking good
:cheers:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
awesome!!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Wow, that is getting with it................:cheers:

·
Registered
708 Posts
RMR

What kind of luck do you have with planting wheat this early? I assume it works out o.k. for you or else you wouldn't do it but I don't even think about planting wheat until mid-September on through mid-October. Any earlier than that the flys, dry conditions and heat just wreck it for me. If any of it does survive it is so big and tough by deer season (rifle) the deer don't even pay attention to it.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pfr
i have had good luck with wheat planting it this early in the
past if you look at the earlier pic about all you could see is wheat the picture doesnt so it so good but last night all you could see is the Brassica that was in the mix which is ok
I just like to have alittle something different coming on in the
fall. good luck with what ever you plant.
Like my dad always says it wont grow in the sack so
you have to get it in the ground sometime and I usually
plants after the mid of august when the ground works good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.