Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Sidelock I changed the Sights for Heavy Conical.Patch and Ball have always been good to me on Deer.

Should I try the Heavy Conical,or change the Sights back and go with Patch and Ball.

I know your thinking its up to me.But what would you do?

oneshot
:D The Big Grin always has to hold Low using Plastic instead of Steel in his Pea Shooter.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by buckbuster14
I Really didn't understand a word of that except the Changing Sights part.:bangin: I'm sorry i am no help to you.
Ok with Patch and Ball the way the Sights are now,for the Heavy Bullet.It shoots high.Should I just leave it and use the Heavy Bullet.Or use my Patch and Ball,which I've always had good luck with,and their cheaper.But I'll have to readjust the Sights.

oneshot
:D He messes with the Big Grins head too.:confused:

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by buckbuster14
He!! Try both! Patcha and ball 1st though.:cheers::cheers:
Thats what I'm saying I was using Patch and Ball.Did great on Deer.I went to the heavy Conical for Hogs.But it was shooting Low so I had to change my Sights.

Thats why I don't use Conicals in one Rifle because it has Fixed Sights and is shooting Low at 50 yards.Shoots right on with Patch and Ball.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin just uses Arkansas windage.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
If I understand correct you have you two smokepoles? If that is the case set one up patch n ball and the other for your conical shooting.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got an idea!:roll2: Considering it is a matter of elevation,just count how many Clicks when I readjust for Patch and Ball.

I've got three Rifles.One I shoot Sabots and Conicals,shoot both just about the same.

50Cal. I like the Conicals.But the 54Cal. I'm just as happy with Patch and Ball with Deer.But with the 54Cal.I would feel better with the Conicals on Hogs.

oneshot
:D oneshot asked the Big Grin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.