chalkboard

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Cburrows_tx, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Ok I have been looking to find a chalkboard. I would like to find an old one about 36x42. If anyone knows where one is please let me know!

2. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Cfrazee you know you might want to check with the local schools, they may have one in storage. I found an electronic drafting tablet that way.

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I have tried that!!! But thanks!

4. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    Why chalk and not white?
    Just curious!9(nosey)

5. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
  6. deerkiller012

deerkiller012 New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    kansas city
    do they still make them things:bangin:

7. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    They make them but they are masonite with a primer like paint on them no slate anymore.

8. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I have several antiques and the house is a very rustic gathering of items. The white would look like chit!

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Yes and I want a slate!

10. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    sahort of going to a stone cutter I don't know.

11. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    CF
    There is a couple of small ones on e-bay one is 14" square and the other on is smaller
    Brian

12. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    cfrazee. As many old delapidated school houses as there is around that part of the country up there, there has to be one that has a blackboard in it that you could cabbage on to.

I'll put my pea brain in motion and see if I can remember where there may be one at. (I know where there is one about 7 mi north of Meadville but I doubt they're ready to let go of the blackboard yet.) I'll bet there is one around though.

13. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Brian I have looked at Ebay several times those are nto big wnough. But thank you for looking.

DSG...you get the pea to ratteling around in there and see what you can come up with!!! Let me know.

14. lwardlow

lwardlow Member

Dec 10, 2005
    independence,mo
    hey u2u me i see some like that at my job they are made with white on one side an green on other

15. hardhuntr

hardhuntr New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Oak Grove
    How can you tell the difference between the masonite ones with primer and the slate ones?

I got one at work (green on both sides) that is in a wooden stand,,,ya know, the ones that let the chalkboard rotate 360 degrees. I'm sure it's been there since the 70's anyway,,everything else has been there that long if not longer.

16. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I got a email from one of our lurkers!!! He has just what I am looking for! Now all I have to do is get to Ohio to get it!!!!! I love this web site!
    :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
    :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    cfrazee_mo did you ever get to Ohio to get that chalkboard? Or should I keep looking at the antique stores I visit? :confused:

18. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    When my friends started there lease in scottland county 10 years ago they got to renmovate the old school house on it to maek as there cabin. It had a full wall slate chalk board, but sadly vandals ahd shoot the living day lights out of the building and the 50 foot in elnth slate was all in peises. Thick peises at that thouh almost a inch thick. They we only abel to salvage a few peises 2 feet by 2 feet.
    Did i say i hate vandals?

19. V.P.

V.P. New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    cfrazee, Did you get your chalk board from Ohio?

If you did than disregard the following.

My parents live in NE Ohio and come out several times a year. If the chalk board is near where they live or on the way out I could have them bring it with them on thier next trip.

Let me know.

20. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Thanks guys I have made arrangments to pick it up!