ccw???

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by macon county boy, Nov 11, 2010.

1. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    i got a buddy going to florida . is he allowed to take his pistol if he has his ccw

2. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
  3. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    If he's driving down there, he will have to have it unloaded and the gun put in the trunk with the ammo seperate driving thru Illinois. Just in case he gets pulled over. At least thats what the law was a few months ago. Check Gunlaws.com for details.

4. cash50

cash50 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    St. Chuck
    Doesn't have to be in the trunk in IL. You can use center console, glovebox. I read it that same ruling BMoeller. You're talking about that one in the supreme court of IL right?

5. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    I guess just what I read on Defensive Carry .com etc...

6. wolfgang

wolfgang Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    [rquote=1892217&tid=131773&author=cash50]Doesn't have to be in the trunk in IL. You can use center console, glovebox. I read it that same ruling BMoeller. You're talking about that one in the supreme court of IL right?[/rquote]

In IL it has to be unloaded and ENCLOSED in a case, that's it, it can be in a case full of ammo. As for the ENCLOSED part this is subject to officers discretion as to the strictness he'll take, but by law a gun sock can be considered illegal, best bet is a zippered case, latched hard case, however a drawstring bag may be considered illegal. As for ammunition, it can be in the case with the gun, just not in the gun, also don't keep a magazine, even if empty, in the gun for simplicity of legality, as for location in the car, it can be on your dashboard for all the law cares. If you still think that a glovebox or console are enough of a case, well hope you don't get pulled over and need to get proof of insurance since the moment the location is open you are illegally transporting a firearm, you may not agree with these laws, but good god don't disrespect them, cops around Southern Illinois respect the right to own a gun, but you must respect the laws concerning them and the people who are upholding those laws.

7. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Why go thru IL? Quicker to go 59!