Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill throw this out here before I make a trip to the sheriffs office.
I took my ccw class in 2004 and got a non resident florida CCW because Mo didnt have a ccw at that time.
I need to get a Mo resident. I called the Clay county sheriffs dept 5 times trying to get an answer to see if my coarse is still good. The person that gave the class is on their list for recommended coarse instructors.
Clay countys Dart group that is in charge of the regs has never returned one phone call.

Any ideas before I physically drive over and ask, I hate to shell out another 100 or so.

thanks for replies in advance!

·
Registered
32,193 Posts
I beileve there is no experation on the test.

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
Your course is not good for a Missouri resident permit. If it was a Florida course. Missouri courses are good forever just present your certificate.

You can renew your Florida permit and still be allowed to carry in Missouri.

There are a couple of exclusions.

1 You cannot travel through school zones in Missouri with a non resident permit legally.

2 Kansas does not honor non resident permits you must have a resident permit from your home state. They honor Missouri resident permits.

It would be to your advantage to renew the Florida permit and then take the Missouri course to get a resident permit if you do not have a Missouri certificate.

:sniper:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Did your class cover Missouri Law? Did you shoot to demonstrate proficency? Did your instructor keep the target for his records?

Are you a gambler? Walk in, present your class certificate and see what happens. Local sheriffs have some discretion.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got through to the sheriffs office. Im going to try to get my permit and see if it will go..Ill let you all know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts