Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on Archery Talk and found this thread where someone posted this question to the MDC on their Facebook page.

Is there any pending or other discussions taking place to allow those legally possessing concealed carry permits to be allowed to open-carry or concealed of their sidearm, regardless of hunting season?
This was the response from the MDC.

This is an excellent question, Steve. The Conservation Department's Regulations Committee is in the process of addressing the inconsistency between hunting regulations and Missouri’s concealed carry law. In fact, a recommendation has been sent to the Conservation Commission for action. The recommended change would allow holders of concealed carry permits and law enforcement officers to carry concealed firearms while engaged in archery hunting. Naturally, they still would not be allowed to use those firearms for hunting. If approved, the change will go into effect March 1, 2011. - [email protected]

·
Crossbow supporter
32,113 Posts
Shouldn't be any other way.
Silly bringing a bow to a gun fight.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Thats good for people hunting public areas were you could be coming out of the woods in a rural area after dark, or walking and come up on a meth lab or something.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know in my home state you can carry while your bow hunting. We even carried while we was bear hunting. it makes no differance. :02:

As long as you don't go near, schools, Federal Buildings, church, Libary. I don't think if your hunting you will be anywhere near that..

·
Button Buck Aficionado
1,194 Posts
I carry my pistol regardless of the law...ticket me if you want to, but I'm not risking my life to appease a law that runs counter to common sense. I sometimes hunt in areas with less than savory neighbors, poachers, meth labs and the like. If I can carry in the city legally, it should be no question that law abiding bow hunters should be able to carry ALLLLLLLLLL DAY LONG- just as long as they're not carrying a 460 s&w with a scope on the top...

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1591372&tid=110436&author=Drenalinjunky]I carry my pistol regardless of the law...ticket me if you want to, but I'm not risking my life to appease a law that runs counter to common sense. I sometimes hunt in areas with less than savory neighbors, poachers, meth labs and the like. If I can carry in the city legally, it should be no question that law abiding bow hunters should be able to carry ALLLLLLLLLL DAY LONG- just as long as they're not carrying a 460 s&w with a scope on the top...[/rquote]

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
624 Posts
[rquote=1591372&tid=110436&author=Drenalinjunky]I carry my pistol regardless of the law...ticket me if you want to, but I'm not risking my life to appease a law that runs counter to common sense. I sometimes hunt in areas with less than savory neighbors, poachers, meth labs and the like. If I can carry in the city legally, it should be no question that law abiding bow hunters should be able to carry ALLLLLLLLLL DAY LONG- just as long as they're not carrying a 460 s&w with a scope on the top...[/rquote]
although I don`t ...I think I would if I felt the need and agree with you 100%

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
you mean you cant carry in church? what if its a pentecostal church? them people can get scary :claphands:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
It is already legal to carry a concealed weapon when you are also carrying an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game as per state law, and you don't even need a CCW permit to do so. It's high time that we bring our wildlife codes into sync with state laws that are already on the books.

Above and beyond that, the code as it is written is very hard to reconcile with the rights of a private property owner. As a private property owner, I have the right to carry a weapon upon or about my person, either openly or concealed, to patrol my property regardless of what other lawful act I may be engaged in at the time. I think they would have a really hard time prosecuting a private property owner on this IF the property owner had deep enough pockets to fight it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.