Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a small Farm Pond from 2:30-5:30 this afternoon. I caught 5 nice Crappie. One black and 4 whites. Smallest was 10 1/2" biggest was 11 1/2" No Eggs in any of them. I imagine they've already spawned.

I also caught 6 Bluegill. One was a dandy 8 1/2". 5 were Females and 1 Male. Looked like the Bluegill were ready to spawn. Sorta bloody lookin... but not too bad. Been so cool here lately. Water s a little chilli yet. A pretty good mess of Fish though, and I'm going back today. Think I'll get me some Cricket's, and I still have some leftover Minnow's. :wave:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also jumped a big Deer while walking down the Pond Levee. I know it had a big Body... Those Wood's are so dense in that Area. Lots of underbrush. The Deer was probably feeding on the spring foilage...:pop:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about trying to find a Shed Antler or two around Pond/Wood's area. Might at the end of the fishin. Depends on how tired I am. Hopefully the Crappie and Bluegill will have me wore out. :D

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went back on Sunday, and fought a 20 mph north west Wind right in my Face... Only Crappie 3 Crappie, and missed probably 4 more. Just too much slack developed in my Line, and I could'nt tell if I had it all reeled out before trying to set the Hook. I did have a dandy on, and just did'nt get enough grip on it.

But I did get 3Crappie. 2 eleven inchers and one 10 1/2 incher. I added it to the big pile of 10 Crappie Fillets I had from Saturday. 16 total now. Plus I got 16 Bluegill fillets as well. Sure was a roug windy really cool Day yesterday. I was sporting a long sleeved Shirt. :pop:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.