****CAST IRON DUTCH OVEN #12 SOLD

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Mailman, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I have decided I only need one dutch oven and have decided to sell the rarest one. I haven't seen one like this one before. It belonged to a retired Boy Scout Leader and it was used for Scout Camp. It is already seasoned and in excellent shape. The reason it is rare is that it has a long handle on the side. It is a #12 and actual measurments are 6 3/4 inches tall and across the top is just under 14 inches. The handle is 8 3/4 inches long. It has three legs underneath and a "D" handle on the lid. It has a one inch lip around the lid to hold the coals for baking. These are running upwards of $60 on Ebay plus $20 shipping. I'm selling this one that is ready to go for $40.00 I am willing to meet the buyer within a 25 mile radius of Blue Springs (just east of KC). Pony Express if needed.

[file]58638[/file] [file]58640[/file] [file]58642[/file]

2. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

Sheesh, MM... I thought everyone would be on that like ugly on a hound dog!
    I'll take it, and won't make you drive no 25 miles, either.:cheers:

3. TATER

TATER Well-Known Member

If sumptin happens and UH doesn't take it, I would like next shot please. And it's a 2 mile drive for me!
    tater

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    :mad2::mad2: lol

Oh well... I got a collection goin here seems like. I've always been around cast irn and used em but just got into ownership couple months ago... cant fry withoutem. lol

Say.. mm, how does that thing balance with that long handle? I magine its heavy enough that it dont matter.

Shore woulda bought that if urban hunter didnt. Nice peice.

5. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

We do most our cooking on cast iron. Funny thing, last Christmas, my wife bought one of the daughters a Dutch oven @ Cabelas. For some reason, it didn't make it to the party. Coupla weeks later, I ask her when she's gonna give it to her? She asked, "Don't you think we could use another one this size?":rof2::rof2:
    She took her own daughter's Christmas present cause she really like the lid.
    This will be for biscuits outside.

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I was going to fry some chicken again tonight but decided against it for some reason... good thing cause we are swamped with rain and gotta keep the back door closed.
    I likey this big dutch oven for some fried chicken.

[​IMG]

7. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I'd say 90% of the cooking at our house & camp involves cast iron of some sort.

cant go wrong with good iron

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1277245&tid=89384&author=beanpile]I'd say 90% of the cooking at our house & camp involves cast iron of some sort.

cant go wrong with good iron[/rquote]

Yea... you beat me to the punch on some skillets here a while back.. I even ended up delivering them! lol

u2u by the way beanpile.

9. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1277199&tid=89384&author=UrbanHunter]
    I'll take it, and won't make you drive no 25 miles, either.:cheers:[/rquote]

Alrighty....U2U your way

10. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Met UrbanHunter at the Bass Pro parking lot today after work. Took about 20 seconds to make the deal and an hour of talking about Stuff standing in the parking lot. We see eye to eye on a lot of things I found out.

Enjoy your new Dutch Oven Mark!

11. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    [rquote=1278874&tid=89384&author=Mailman]Met UrbanHunter at the Bass Pro parking lot today after work. Took about 20 seconds to make the deal and an hour of talking about Stuff standing in the parking lot. We see eye to eye on a lot of things I found out.
    [/rquote]

That is why I feel the G2G's are so important....... Keyboards are fine for BS.. but eye to eye will make all the difference......

Hope to see a lot of new members at the next G2G........ :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup: Friends meeting new friends, one year at a time........ :banana::banana::banana:

12. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
  13. MoBowman

MoBowman Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    [rquote=1278874&tid=89384&author=Mailman]Met UrbanHunter at the Bass Pro parking lot today after work. Took about 20 seconds to make the deal and an hour of talking about Stuff standing in the parking lot. We see eye to eye on a lot of things I found out.

Enjoy your new Dutch Oven Mark![/rquote]

Mark is a heck of a guy for sure, he dropped a rope for the archery range by my place last week, while he was there he noticed the large limbs that blew off my tree out front during that big wind storm couple weeks back. He cut em up and hauled em away :eek: I need to figure a way to get him to stop by at least once a week :rof2: Really funny thing about it, and I feel bad about this, I didn't even notice the limbs were gone for a couple of days :roll2::stickfight: but I figured out who did it. :rock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.