Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just curious for those who own farms what your averages are for cash rent for cropland? I am in Audrain county and have been at $160 for years, I didn't know if that was still fair for both parties?
Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
A lot of variables even within a county. Soil type, road access, field size and layout. A piece open without trees bordering all sides will bring more, etc. What the tenants responsibilities are also as far as any minimum requirements for maintenance, etc. Local FSA might have some county average rents, or maybe ranges. Not sure though, just some things to consider.

·
2 Corinthians 5:10
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What did you find out
We went with base $175 with Yield Bonus option if County average is beaten so as long as its a good year it should be in the $200 per acre range with the lowest it can be $175 felt like a good fair deal for both parties, I really like the farmer he is a solid guy and I want him to do well too.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
We went with base $175 with Yield Bonus option if County average is beaten so as long as its a good year it should be in the $200 per acre range with the lowest it can be $175 felt like a good fair deal for both parties, I really like the farmer he is a solid guy and I want him to do well too.
Sounds great. Never did like crop share with being at mercy of there honesty.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You want him to do well too. Most important part of this thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts