Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see why not.

EDIT: Since both methods are legal and it is not a season that is designated as "archery", I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have both. The same as bow hunting during the firearms deer season. As long as you are hunting with your firearms tag, it is legal to hunt with your rifle, muzzleloader, pistol, bow or, I assume, any combination of the different weapons.

But, I'm not employeed by the MDC so I'm not in any way qualified to give you an official answer.

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.. might be handy to have both on hand in the blind..

·
Former Chicken Man
20,350 Posts
During archery season you can't, but I see no reason you couldn't do it with a shotgun tag. It lists longbows and compound bows as weapons you can use, but crossbows are prohibited.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by GoGop
During archery season you can't, but I see no reason you couldn't do it with a shotgun tag. It lists longbows and compound bows as weapons you can use, but crossbows are prohibited.
I agree with GoGop....fall no, spring yes...

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch
Can you carry both at the same time during Spring Shotgun Turkey Season?

:confused:

I'm gonna try to call the MDC on this tomorrow, but thought I'd ask here... just because.
My answer would be no-----I dont believe you can carry both at the same time as it stands now---:cheers:

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch
rat - That's kinda my plan... if it's legal.

P-man - this is one time I hope you're wrong, but if you're not I'm surely going to be asking them for their 'reasoning' behind it.
:cheers:
I know it is during certain times of the year------Let us know what their opinion is of the reg's!:cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
if the law states the bow is a legal weapon during shotgun season.then you can do it.just like carrying two shotguns

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I hope it is legal because I have done it several times. If you do it you will be carry a bunch of stuff. I don't do it anymore because I like to be more mobile and I really got tired carrying a bow, shotgun, and a blind.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Now that is the way to go, also the way to rack up more points!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
That is good news.. I'll prolly plant myself in that there blind if I chose to brang bofe.

·
19,585 Posts
I thought I'd throw a wrench in the works, and ask:

So, if you can take a bow & shotgun with you, can I take my crossbow along with my shotgun too?

I have the hunting method exemption permit for the crossbow, for bow season, so wouldn't it apply here also?!

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.