Carry Bow and Shotgun?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by JMAC, Apr 2, 2006.

1. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I don't see why not.

EDIT: Since both methods are legal and it is not a season that is designated as "archery", I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have both. The same as bow hunting during the firearms deer season. As long as you are hunting with your firearms tag, it is legal to hunt with your rifle, muzzleloader, pistol, bow or, I assume, any combination of the different weapons.

But, I'm not employeed by the MDC so I'm not in any way qualified to give you an official answer.

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I was wondering the same thing.. might be handy to have both on hand in the blind..

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I'm not 100% sure as i dont have the regs in front of me, but i think you can't do it.. i dont think you can even have both in the same vehicle enroute to hunting.. i.e. one person using bow, one person using shotgun... BUT.. i could be wrong too..

4. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

During archery season you can't, but I see no reason you couldn't do it with a shotgun tag. It lists longbows and compound bows as weapons you can use, but crossbows are prohibited.

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I agree with GoGop....fall no, spring yes...

6. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    My answer would be no-----I dont believe you can carry both at the same time as it stands now---:cheers:

7. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    I know it is during certain times of the year------Let us know what their opinion is of the reg's!:cheers:

8. T- Bone

T- Bone New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Wayne County Iowa
    What kind of infraction would it be? I would like to pack a pistol on my side when bow hunting but that is against the law.

9. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    if the law states the bow is a legal weapon during shotgun season.then you can do it.just like carrying two shotguns

10. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I hope it is legal because I have done it several times. If you do it you will be carry a bunch of stuff. I don't do it anymore because I like to be more mobile and I really got tired carrying a bow, shotgun, and a blind.

11. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004

Yes.

12. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    CP did you find out what MDC had to say?

13. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Now that is the way to go, also the way to rack up more points!!!

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    That is good news.. I'll prolly plant myself in that there blind if I chose to brang bofe.

15. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Alrighty........:eek: Thanks

16. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I thought I'd throw a wrench in the works, and ask:

So, if you can take a bow & shotgun with you, can I take my crossbow along with my shotgun too?

I have the hunting method exemption permit for the crossbow, for bow season, so wouldn't it apply here also?!

:D

17. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Yes to crossbow also.

18. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Make that yes, only if you have the exemption.

For able-bodied people, it's no.