Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to do a Caribou hunt, but I don't know anyone who has ever been. So I was wanting some feed back on here. Surely one of you guys have been on a Caribou hunt. The questions I have are- Has anyone done the winter hunt in Quebec? Who is a good outfitter? Is there any way to do a D.I.Y hunt? Are all Caribou hunt expensive? Any feed back would be great.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
If I see my Son I'll ask him.He goes all the time.I do know he lost all the meat on one because it stunk so Bad from rutting.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin wants a stinking Grizz.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It was a very good hunt our group got 24 out of 24 caribou. We drove from our house to Quebec and then flew to a base camp and then went to the camp we were staying at. There were two housing cabins for the hunters each one had six beds in it and a little oil burning stove. There was a cabin for bathroom and two showers, the guides cabin and the kitchen cabin. The guides were very good they could speak english well. You would wake up at 6 have breakfast which was eggs bacon french toast and stuff like that. The cooks would have sack lunches ready for you in the morning ( sandwiches cookies juices) Then you would go out in the boat go to a place and sit on a hill top, glass until you would see some bou, you would maybe have to try to get ahead of them to see if there were any good ones. It was very hard walking most of the time. You would get back to camp at about dark and you would have time to change and shower if you wanted before supper. supper was pork chops, lasagna, or soup and caribou, and stuff like that then you would have dessert.( 7 layer cake, pie, other things like that) Usually sit and talk a while then usually go to your cabins and go to bed. Pretty much what everyday of hunting was like. There website is http://www.leafriverlodge.com/index.php/en/hunting/packages.html
If you have any more questions just ask, also if you would like some pictures i could post some for you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The two i shot with the rifle one was at about 50 yards and the other 350 yards. So your shots could be from close to however far you like to shoot. I also did have the chance to shoot one with the bow at about 20 yards but we didnt end up finding it. Where we were at it was difficult to get close enough with archery but it is possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.