Can't decide which stand to hunt this morning

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by pcrusher, Nov 8, 2010.

1. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    Havin trouble pickin which stand to go to, so somebody pick for me.

1 or 2

first response determines my fate for today

2. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform

3. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :D For the first time in my life I think someone acutally took my advice, I bet my wife will feel sorry for him :toilet:

4. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    You picked a 60yd wide strip of hardwoods, between two overgrown hay fields, connecting 2 bigger chunks of timber, with a good thicket at the edge of the timber.

You might be my hero by noon, i'll keep you updated

5. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :claphands:

Best of luck, I'll be heading out this evening myself, work will finally be done for the week in another hour :claphands:

6. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1885040&tid=131322&author=pcrusher]You picked a 60yd wide strip of hardwoods, between two overgrown hay fields, connecting 2 bigger chunks of timber, with a good thicket at the edge of the timber.

You might be my hero by noon, i'll keep you updated[/rquote]

Have you looked at how hard the wind is going to be blowing today? Don't sound like a place I'd wanna be in high wind.

I know Fishy, you'd be wise not to listen to his advice.:rof2::rof2:

7. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    That's the worst thing about ole men, they get up early :toilet:

8. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    Is it supposed to be windy? I'm only showin 12 mph on weather.com

9. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
  10. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
  11. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    Showin 5 to 14, so it should't be too bad.

I'm gonna stick with fishshooter's gut, you gotta have good gut instinct to fight ninjas right?

12. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1885055&tid=131322&author=pcrusher]Showin 5 to 14, so it should't be too bad.

I'm gonna stick with fishshooter's gut, you gotta have good gut instinct to fight ninjas right?[/rquote]

I worry about his gut feelings, because of what typically follows them.:toilet::rof2:

Good luck man. Headed out myself here in a few minutes. Got a similar dilema on which stand to hunt this morning. I'm still not 100% sure where I'm headed.

13. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    On stand now, waiting for daylight. No wind at all right now. A little south breeze would actually be nice for where i'm sittin.

14. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    Just grunted in a little 2 1/2 yr old 7 pointer

15. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1885094&tid=131322&author=pcrusher]Just grunted in a little 2 1/2 yr old 7 pointer[/rquote]

Sounds like a good morning, stay after em if ya can. I had to leave the stand earlier than I would have prefered. Gotta a few hours worth of work to do before tonights hunt.

Ended up seeing 5 from the stand. Just as it was getting light, I had a 130 class buck runnin a doe around in the timber. 50 yds was the closest they came, but I got to glass him well.

Had a forky walk right under the stand about 7:30. I'll be back in that stand tonight. Hot doe in the area is gonna draw the big boys.

16. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

You just gotta love pc's play by play, gets us all in the hunt! Must be nice to have the problem of which stand to hunt! :pop:

17. pcrusher

pcrusher Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    warrenton
    Just grunted in a small 8 and had a doe directly under me right after that. You can tell the doe's nerves are running thin from being harassed