Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to the waterfowl hunting arena, I have a question to ask the waterfowl guys. On the land I hunt, there are several lakes with Canadian geese on them.

#1. What kind of permits do I need for hunting them?

#2. Do you have any tips that might help?

Thanks,
Cherokee

·
Under appreciated
91,793 Posts
Originally posted by Cherokee

#2. Do you have any tips that might help?

Thanks,
Cherokee
Make jerky out of em..

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Probably resident geese which should be fairly easy to pattern. Find out when they get there and get a good group of shooters together and let them have it. :sniper: you might only get one opportunity at them though as they will learn quick.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If they're residents, you can just get a large group of friends together to surrond the pond and water swat as many as you can.

Some people will say this is unethical, non-sportsman like etc.. but if you are trying to kill a bunch of them, this is probably your best approach

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
agreed on the methods. to me geese are collateral damage while duck hunting but that is just because i don't want to get up at 2 in the morning to go set up a hundred decoys for two stinking geese. however to me canadas don't taste bad, marinate them well at least 24 hours, cut them up, wrap in bacon and throw on the grill. no snow geese on the other hand, well they make for good coyote bait and can be fair jerky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.