Can you find the Turk???

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by swmo, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Really not that hard and the pictures don't do it justice. This was the best photo I could get, especially only being maybe 30 to 40 yards from them, so I appologize. This was taken last thursday while pop's, the boys, and I were trout fishing on upper taneycomo. There was at least 28 birds in the group that I could see in all the brush. This old tom and several others started struttin' as we got closer. Counted four toms in the group that I could see that were all draggin' beards. These birds were in some of the nastiest briars and brush cane that I think I have ever seen birds in before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yea, we did catch our limit of trout as well, great day to be on the water with boy's and pop's :dancin:

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas

3. Thanks, Cfraz. I wish I could of zoomed it in better but when I did it kept focusing in on the limbs and would blur out the Turk.

4. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    TaneyComo?:wave:

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sounds like a good day on da water!!! Cool pics...

6. Yep, and if it wasn't boardering the city limit's and across from a couple resorts and very near a popular fishin' hole on the lake I might of been very tempted of pursuin' the bird a little further if it was season ;).

7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I can't says I blame ya there!!!! Target rich environment there, with 4 swingin beards!!!

8. I thought for sure it was gonna be a picture of a mirror:hysterical: and you were talking about me:rotfl:

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Took this today on my way home from work!

10. :eek::eek::eek:

Good pic Cfrazee.

Just had a thought, wonder if those feed bin's would be deep enough to lay down in and wait for the turkey's to show up ;).

Feed Trough Blinds, think it'd sell???

11. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    LOL Most likely they are! But that is the neighbors place, not mine!!!

12. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    You're not friendly toward your neighbors? We all hunt on each other where I'm from. No problems so far.

13. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice pictures from both of you!

14. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Well as far as this goes..........NO!!!

15. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

That's too bad, neighbors should be neighborly...

16. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    John,

Sure you want to come here for youth season, if you got turks you can walk up to at 40 yards.:rotfl:

Went out last night and noticed the big group has now dwindled down to about 20 birds. They were in the middle of the section. I could tell there were at least four long beards in there and I would ventrue to say there were a few jakes the way they were beating on each other. Of course it can't be all good news, still had about 20 hens with them.

17. Yep, I'm sure Mike. Nothing like siting on the edge of a woodline WATCHING a field with good friends :moon:. Only thing better is in the blind overlooking the dekes and Watching the sky ;).

Hopefully they'll be brokeup and ready for some lead in a week and a half :cheers::cheers::cheers:

18. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I think you could see better if you were on the ground under one, and had some camo net or something hanging down to cover you. Of coarse, you'd have to shoot through your net. :sniper:

19. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
  20. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Too easy swmo! lol
    Neat pics though!
    :cheers::cheers: