Can anyone tell me the difference in Bersa Pistols

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Bear, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Whats the difference between a Bersa Thunder and a Bersa Firestorm ? I've got a chance to buy a Bersa .22 cal. Firestorm, what would be a good price nib? Are these semi-autos. one was described as a single/double action ? What the heck is that. All I've ever shot is a Rugar .22 Makk 1

2. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I don't know diddly about the differences in Bersa's, but if it were me, I'd buy a Ruger like you have been shooting! Quality costs money, but it's worth it. As far as the differences in DA/SA, or SA only, that, I can help with. A DA/SA pistol has a long double action(self cocking) trigger pull for the first shot, and a shorter single action pull (like the Ruger) for all succeeding shots, until the magazine is emptied. That can cause some confusion, if you don't work with it all the time. Like I said, I'd just buy the Ruger, since you're used to them already.

3. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    never heard of bersa

4. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Made in Argentina or Brazil, South American, anyway.

5. Decent looking guns.

chad

6. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    don't know about the cost of what your looking about but for fell go get your hands on a walther man talk about a good feeling gun man oh man

7. Yeah ive been eye balling a walther p-22 down here at the gun shop for several months.