Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I coming up to hunt with IMB outfitters in MACON county and wondered what kind of chance I have for a nice buck. Anyone got pointers for me when I come up?

I will be hunting the last week of Oct. Historically has this week been a good week?

·
Registered
777 Posts
They have leased up a ton of land around our area. I think there is mixed feelings on the group as a whole but they do have some good land to hunt. That week should be a good one too. You will probably be staying in Macon, better go eat at the mexican restaurant and Raspberry's BBQ while you are here. Be prepared for hot or cold temps as it is MO and anything can happen. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my next question. What kind of clothing works best that time of year there.

Mixed feelings? What kind of negative things? Or is just locals that are upset with all the land leases?

·
Registered
777 Posts
its a crap shoot on the clothes, no kidding though, better be checking the forecast or just pack for hot and cold both because either can happen that time of year.....and we dang near always get rain around Halloween.

Just heard things about the group that they dont' always stay in one place too long and I don't know if that has always been by there choice. And yes some of it is the the locals, but the reasons they are upset go back to maybe not always been told the truth about how many folks are hunting there properties or the size of deer harvested.

But I have no doubt that you will have the opportunity to harvest some good deer...

·
Registered
777 Posts
sorry, i had to run last night....

Depends on the farm obviously, but I know they have some places that are extremely flat with mainly draws to hunt and other areas will be bottom ground that might have some rolling hills but nothing major honestly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.