******* Can anyone else assist with this event??Bow fishing clinic...... They sure could use ya

Discussion in 'Bow Fishing' started by mrb, May 21, 2009.

1. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    The MDC and our friends over at MOE are providing a bow fishing clinic June 18 & 19 in Columbia, Mo area......... If anyone is interested in assisting Jeff and the gang I'm sure he'd appreciate our efforts.....

Good job there MOE............. :cheers::cheers:

Here is a copy of the events flier........

[file]58042[/file]

2. lma

lma Active Member

:claphands::claphands::claphands:

3. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
  4. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    YEP going to be a great event

sill have room for folks that want to help out either night plenty to keep everyone busy

still got room for more kids too!

and never hurts to have another boat or two just in case

EVERY KID WILL HAVE SOME NICE TAKE BOWFISHING STUFF TO TAKE HOME AS WELL.

ONE LUCKY KID WILL BE GOING HOME WITH A COMPLETE BOWFISHING RIG...
    A NEW BOW SPONSORED BY YOUR HOME HERE MWT.COM
    A NEW AMW RETEIVER REEL AND ARROWS DONATED BY AMS
    A WHOLE PACKAGE DEAL!!!!

SURE GOING TO BE FUN TIME!!! DON'T MISS IT!!!

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  6. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Some of you young guys and gals need to try to help out on this great event.... It is for a great cause and some good people there for sure...:cheers:

:cheers::cheers:

7. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :D I won't know my new work schedule till last minute but you can bet your last dollar I'll but in an appearance..................................................mabey we should start an offical petition that Fishshooter be put in charge of all the gates those two days, bet that would increase the sucess rate :roll2: :whistle:

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I'm pumped. It's looking like I'll probably be able to make it both nights. Still don't know the work schedule for sure but I'll try my darndest to make it happen!!

9. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1283348&tid=89015&author=jmmcguire]I'm pumped. It's looking like I'll probably be able to make it both nights. Still don't know the work schedule for sure but I'll try my darndest to make it happen!!
    [/rquote]

x2

Negotiations on letting me run the gates aren't going well either, something about schedules, planting, wetlands, species nesting :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

10. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    fish the acutal shoot isn't going to be at the bluffs just going to set up bows and practice that night

the acutal shooting will be the next night below bagnal damn

guys and gals

WE COULD REALLY USE A FEW MORE BOATS THE WAY THINGS ARE LOOKING!
    THE SHOOT IS FROM 6PM TILL EVERYONE COMES IN OR MIDNIGHT WHICH EVER COMES FRIST.

since there will be over 3 hours of day light not necessarly need a genny and lights. you can offer your boats and then after it gets dark come in or shoot big heads near the damn with spot lights ...they spook from genny noise any way.

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'm hoping to make the friday run, not sure about thur yet. You still need reels? What about arrahs?

How about some details for both nites, meeting places, etc. That flyer has both nites at the Bluffs???

12. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I just can't commit to it for 100% with the new job, and I won't know till about monday :whiteflag:

13. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    deatails.....:)

yes brad still need to get your reels i think i have 15 right now in hand not counting all the ones i am supose to get to use like yours.

i would like to meet every one some how before the thursday if they can't come that night and get the reels

the plan for the event is

thursday
    will be at eagle bluffs meeting at the office were they draw for duck pools
    we will set up all the bows for each kid
    do some boat saftey
    fish id
    shooting saftey
    ect ect education stuff

then we will all go to one of the pools and set up the 3d fish targets and do some shooting in the water fine tunning the bows to the kids ect.
    be done at dark

on the friday
    everyone will meet at the bagnal dam access right off 54 hwy at 6:00 wel will have a little pow wow thanking all the guys that donated stuff
    give out a big pile of prizes take a few pics and get the kids out on the water

there will be some guys that stay there to watch everything and collect fish for disposal as boats return take pics ect help load boats back up

there isn't really a quiting time other that have to be off the water buy midnight as it it a river. so each boat and kids will call it quits when they decicde to.

14. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'll bring me bow, just in case someone mistakes me for a kid!!!:cheers::peepwall:

15. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :woot:

HFFF, I'll shoot ya a u2u with my cell that way as soon as I know what I can expect I can tell you :claphands:

16. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    sent you mine back fish

brad by all means bring your bow....depending on how things go its very likely i will be there early....if you know what i mean.....:D

17. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sounds good. I will, more than likely be there on thursday as well, but will know more closer to the time!:cheers:

18. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    good deal brad
    if something happens and you can't come down thursday night just let me know as soon as you can and i can figure out a way to get the reels from ya even if it have to run up there.