Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post and new to the site and new to hunting Missouri. I have read about it for years but finally able to make it happen this year.

I am looking to pull my camper out there around the Nov 2nd or 3rd and staying until Nov 17th or 18th for this deer season. I am bringing my wife and four kids, we are looking to retire in Missouri in a few years and start my second life after the Marine Corps. It is a hunting trip but it is also a "hey lets go see what this looks like in the fall" trip for my wife and kids.

I was out there last week turkey hunting and looked at a nice campground in Eagleville and another one in Maryville. I am looking to see if someone has a camper pad with full hookups they would be willing to rent like an AirBnb. It must be family friendly but I will be hunting east of Bethany at times and west of Maryville at times. No set dates for those locations but the more flexibility as to where I can park the rig the better.

·
just a no body
14,281 Posts
big deer up that way and could get cold on those dates. Good luck in your quest, you must have a pretty rugged family.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I don't know how familiar you are with Missouri, and I can't help you on the camp spot, but keep in mind that MO has two (or more) distinct environments. Although Northern MO has a reputation for big bucks, Southern MO has them also. IMO the Southern half of MO is WAYYY prettier. The Southern portion has some gin-clear rocky streams and nice hardwood ridges with big timber blocks and rocky glades. The Northern portion of MO does have some beauty in it's own right, but the streams, roads and fields are more of the muddy type.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how familiar you are with Missouri, and I can't help you on the camp spot, but keep in mind that MO has two (or more) distinct environments. Although Northern MO has a reputation for big bucks, Southern MO has them also. IMO the Southern half of MO is WAYYY prettier. The Southern portion has some gin-clear rocky streams and nice hardwood ridges with big timber blocks and rocky glades. The Northern portion of MO does have some beauty in it's own right, but the streams, roads and fields are more of the muddy type.
We have not traveled the state much (yet) but I plan on doing that. I grew up doing a lot of rabbit hunting in the south but I want to get up north close to
Iowa and Kansas for the bird hunting opportunities.

I was blessed with a turkey over towards Maryville.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the turkey. My sister and her husband use the following website to find spots for their RV.

It costs $50 a year to use the service but she says it pays for itself. They also use the app, RV Parky, to find/reserve spots as well as to locate rest areas and restaurants. Hope this helps.

·
#Debbie
11,266 Posts
If you can book a spot in Maryville in advance you'd better do it. They can fill quick with the line workers and iron workers depending on what projects are going on up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts