Camoclad shotgun

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by venatic, Apr 13, 2006.

1. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here's my attempt at putting Camoclad on my shotgun for the upcoming season.

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Is that the shrink wrap stuff or tape?

3. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    looks alot better than my failed attempt at tape:wink:

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's like a tape, but they have the pieces pre-cut to the shape needed for the stock, receiver, back of the barrel and front of the barrel. There is some cutting and trimming involved.

5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Gary, looks real good.:cheers: Don't set it up against a tree in the woods and walk off.:bangin: Some folks do this ya know?:bangin:

Jack

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  7. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    how well does it stick? I had some no-mar tape and it didnt want to stick real well and when you cut it..it left a white line where cut. and where did you get it at?

8. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I've heard more than one story like that !

9. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i have had camo clad on a shotgun that has seen two duck seasons and this is it's second turkey season. no problems with it staying on yet.:wave:

10. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So far it's sticking pretty good. I had to make some relief cuts to go around some corners on the stock, but I made them ahead of time. Use light pressure when first putting it on so that if you need to readjust, you can peel it right off. It doesn't look like a camo gun you'd buy, but the turkeys won't be able to tell the difference.:D

I ordered it from Camoclad