Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have winter weight camo rain gear. But now that I have a bow and mz I have found myself with more opportunities. I feel the need for light, extra light camo rain gear. Do any of you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Well, i dont have any suggestions on brand and what not cuz i dont got ne, i just complain about being wet and keep saying im gonna buy some.. i have used a camo poncho in the past, but hate them cuz they make ya :***: sweat like crazy..

For me, if i wake up and its raining i just cant get motivated to go out knowing im going to get soaked, however if im out and it starts raining.. ahh well.. guess thats why they invented a dryer :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not mind getting wet, I just find that being dry extends my time in the field. I do have extra light backpacking rain gear but would like to have the camo gear in my vest just in case. Parker, or anyone, is that gear light enough and waterPROOF enough to have in my vest just in case? I will check Cabela's in the mean time.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Nicholas,

This is the good stuff. And I think it is worth it to keep you in the field longer. No swishing sounds from your arms and legs....no plastic feel. It will take up as much space and weight as a regular set of camo.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
That silver lining is the stuff that gets sticky. It'll be quiet, and it packs away easy, but its not what I'd spend my $ on.....just my .02.

Depends on how much time you'll spend in the rain too! If you're not planning on being out there a lot, this stuff is SURE as much $ as you'll want to spend.

Againg.....just my .02.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
Parker is the stuff you listed the link to quiet enough to bowhunt in ?
Yep. You still get JUST a hint of swish while you are walking, but otherwise its quiet stuff.

DSG has some of the exact same stuff made by another company too. I think they must get it from the same place.

We were both wearing our jackets in the Saturday night campout pics.

Parker

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Nicholas,

Your dilema is a simple one to solve. If it is hot and you still wanna wear rain gear, simply wear your lightweight stuff under your camo clothing. It works great, and no need to buy special rain gear.

No charge for the advice. This time. :D

DSG

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quiet enough to bow hunt? You see why I need you folks? I did not even think of that! Thanks...

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Nicholas,

Your dilema is a simple one to solve. If it is hot and you still wanna wear rain gear, simply wear your lightweight stuff under your camo clothing. It works great, and no need to buy special rain gear.

No charge for the advice. This time. :D

DSG
DSG! :bangin: :D

He's already got the HOT stuff, he needs lightweight stuff! :D

What do you reccommend?

Parker

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.