Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very interesting scenario here ..acorns are falling ..temps not really dropped to where they are a factor but the cameras tell no lies...

2 year olds are pushing does in earnest and the mossbacks are still in bachelor group mentality and not really being secretive at all ..just watching the young bucks run by ....

I guess either somebody did not get the memo or somebody is jumping the gun ....anyway ...

I hate swatting mosquitos but if those mossbacks are going to keep doing stupid I may have to break my promise to me-self about shooting "in between mosquitos' :cool:

Bear

·
Registered
69,789 Posts
I attended a "crime watch" meeting last night and one of the locals showed me a photo he took at 2 in the afternoon of a really nice 10 pt standing next to my hunting cabin eating acorns. A possible 150 class buck in my judgment. Might be hunting from my front porch....maybe

·
Registered
23,020 Posts
Very interesting scenario here ..acorns are falling ..temps not really dropped to where they are a factor but the cameras tell no lies...

2 year olds are pushing does in earnest and the mossbacks are still in bachelor group mentality and not really being secretive at all ..just watching the young bucks run by ....

I guess either somebody did not get the memo or somebody is jumping the gun ....anyway ...

I hate swatting mosquitos but if those mossbacks are going to keep doing stupid I may have to break my promise to me-self about shooting "in between mosquitos' :cool:

Bear
think 1 week early on the chase pahse this year, you may bepleasantly suprised!

·
just a no body
14,792 Posts
we have a bunch of Does show up in our "backyard" about every night, there are usually a few bucks in the background just sniffing things out

·
13,866 Posts
what were those dates I posted in the de-railed thread? Oct 11-17 and 28 days later. hmmmm

·
13,390 Posts
I attended a "crime watch" meeting last night and one of the locals showed me a photo he took at 2 in the afternoon of a really nice 10 pt standing next to my hunting cabin eating acorns. A possible 150 class buck in my judgment. Might be hunting from my front porch....maybe
Do your neighbors always watchout for nice bucks on your property??? I know mine do...

·
4,820 Posts
I have seen zero activity that hardly even indicates they have went hard horned. Almost zero rubs on trees.
Trail cams either have does eating or bucks eating but never both. Bucks were still hanging together, and almost totally nocturnal
except for the youngest of bucks.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts

Bear
As of 2 days ago, I am seeing this very thing on my Cams in Kansas.

Reactions: Broken Bear

·
1,486 Posts
Bucks are making and checking scrapes. Things are definitely getting there.

White Plant Light Black Flash photography

Reactions: Broken Bear
1 - 11 of 11 Posts