Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having trouble with my cam taking pictures. Called the factory and all seems to be well now. I didn't have a ton of pics, but thought I would share a couple.
Here are a couple of mamas and their little ones.

[file]7767[/file]

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A buck finally!

Since the cam has been on the fritz and I havn't had alot of time...I havn't got a bunch of pictures this year. It was nice to see a buck!
This one confuses me...he doesn't seem to be anything real special...but man has he got some brow tines and it looks like a whole bunch of mass at his base. What is your take on this one? Young one with alot of potential or older buck that won't get much bigger? I'm not certain! His body kind of looks like an older buck, but I don't think he is...I think it's a bad picture and bad body position.
I'll post a close up of the rack so you can see the brows and base.

[file]7769[/file]

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rack close up

Opinions?

[file]7770[/file]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
I know I'm pulling straws here, but it looks like an older deer to me due to the front of the chest sticking out so much. I younger deer wouldn't have that. BUT, like you say, that's bad body position.

We've got to make you some funnels on that property so we can get some more pics!

Parker

·
Registered
844 Posts
I agree with fireman. 3.5 year old buck at a tough angle. Another area I always like to look at when judging age and unclear by other features is the rear hip/flank area. Generally on a more mature deer 4+yrs. they will have very large back hips that look almost unproportional to their body.

Great potential though, good luck this season.

Booner

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
From seeing the pics you have posted in the past of deer in your area,,I'm gonna say a really good 2 1/2 year old. I think if he was a older declining buck he would show more signs of a bit of a roman nose. I think that little paunch showing is a summer grass gut,,and he looks awfully fine boned in his legs. He does have an injured rear leg, but it does'nt look bad enough to of affected him. Like the others said, it's really not the best angle for judging.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
I think he's a 3 yr. old. That way I'm probably only a few months off either way. Nice looking deer that would need another year for me and from what I remember of your/family pics last year, probably another year for you too. Nice pics. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.