Call Finally Worked For Me

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by AOakley76, Oct 30, 2010.

1. AOakley76

AOakley76 New Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Wooldridge, Missouri
    I actually called a buck up to my stand with a call! I've NEVER done that before! By the time he arrived I couldn't see my sights but I could make out him & the antlers. He snort wheezed at me for a good 20 minutes. He circled and circled trying to find the intruder buck that he heard. I kept grunting back at him. Mock scrape is set up so perhaps after tonight he will stick around the area to try and catch the interloper.

I am so excited! (As if you couldn't tell!) This is my second year with archery but 7th year deer hunting. I have used scents before and done a little rattling. But in the past I always figured I was scaring them off instead of calling them in. So really didn't mess with them. A friend recommended me trying again, so I did. WoW! This was such an affirmation for me tonight that I was doing it right. Just had to share!

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN TALK THEIR TALK DOESN'T IT!!!!!! GOOD LUCK ON THE RETURN OF THE BUCK IN DAYLIGHT!

3. AOakley76

AOakley76 New Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Wooldridge, Missouri
    It really does! I talked my husband's ear off about it when I got back inside.

Thanks for the good wishes. Already told my eldest that he was in-charge of getting breakfast put out for everyone. Mom is heading out to hunt in the morning. Hubby is working 3rd shift over-time so hoping that I have a deer for him to help me get to the house by the time he gets off work. ;)

4. SUFI57

SUFI57 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    ive called in a few deer by calling and or rattling. its pretty cool aint it

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING PICS OF YOU AND YOUR DEER!!! I AM TAKING BOTH OF MINE OUT TO THE BLIND IN THE MORNING. THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING! THE 7 YEAR OLD CANNOT BE QUITE, IT KILLS HIM! LOL