Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they going to build a new cabelas in stl i would like to have a new store to shop in. the new catalogs dont say nutn
about a store in stl. they still have news release on website
???:mad2::mad2:

·
Under appreciated
92,601 Posts
North county at the st. louis mills mall.

Last I saw, it was still under construction but definitely gonna happen.

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
They've got a big area of the parking lot blocked off at the Mills, suppose that's where it's going to be. Wish they wouldn't put it so close to the mall though. IMO that mall is going to go downhill really quick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes Ginger i agree i think they could have found a better location, but they are a lot smarter than me maybe it will be just the lift that the mills needs.If anybody
lives in the area please keep us posted on the progress

·
Under appreciated
92,601 Posts
Originally posted by Ginger
They've got a big area of the parking lot blocked off at the Mills, suppose that's where it's going to be. Wish they wouldn't put it so close to the mall though. IMO that mall is going to go downhill really quick.
Its already gone downhill in my estimation...

I've been there a couple of times and there aint nothing there for me.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,365 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Originally posted by Ginger
Its already gone downhill in my estimation...

I've been there a couple of times and there aint nothing there for me.
The NASCAR Speedpark is about the only good thing out there if you like go carts and the NASCAR simulator.

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,721 Posts
They messed up....:bangin: if its not opening til spring. :banghead:

I'll like anything that doesn't say BP.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Maybe I should get a part time job there and get the discounts on what I would end up buying anyway!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I don't think that Cabelas should have connected themselves with a mall. Cabelas will be here a long time, and the Mills may not. Maybe, they realize this and thats why they haven't started. I saw the sign, but it looks like nothing has taken place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed in the last Cabela's catalog that they don't mention this particular site at all. They list a lot of other locations that are opening in 2006 and 2007, but i didn't see any references to anything in Missouri.

Think it's still going to happen?

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
This is directly off thier website. They better get to building, late fall is gonna come fast.

"Cabela's expects to open the huge Hazelwood retail showroom as early as late fall of 2006. The Hazelwood retail store would be Cabela's first in Missouri.

The new retail store would be part of the St. Louis Mills, a 1.1 million square-foot retail and entertainment center located in Hazelwood. St. Louis Mills is situated at the northwest quadrant of State Highway 370 and Missouri Bottom Road, one mile west of Interstate 270, three miles west of Lambert International Airport, and just 16 miles from Downtown St. Louis. It is easily accessed via I-270, I-170 and Highway 370."

·
1,047 Posts
i hear a little different story about cabelas coming but it may be wrong. I hear through bass pro that cabelas is having second thoughts about the location and things may be delayed even more. If it was my company i wouldnt place a store in that mall....which i might add is turning into northwest plaza, if you go their you better be strapped nowadays. A couple months ago there was a shooting and its like the inner city on the weekends. I dont like going there anymore, alot of the stores are closing down as we speak. Hopefully cabelas will pick a different spot. :D

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Not to start a rumor but I was thinking that my neighbor Steve Scheel was going to go into MO this year. Not the bargain store like Cabelas and BP, but lots of vareity, quality, and good old customer service. They just opened a new flagship store/company headquarters in Fargo on Saturday morning. It has a 40 foot antique ferris wheel inside that is really neat. I will try to get some more info. Just reread the article in the paper and they said they were looking at KC, MO for 2009.

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Cabela's may be looking to buy out the mall, if it falters. Look at the complex in KCK, it's huge. If the mall goes south, they can buy up the remaining property and expand to suit themselves, at a bargain price, probably, since the operators of the mall would be looking to recoup some losses. That would be smart business.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Its a shame that the mills is going downhill. It is a beautiful place, but, it is definately on the way down. Just like Northwest Plaza, River Roads etc. If we go, we go early to avoid the idiots that are being bussed in there. Cabelas is definately building there, they have begun construction already. I think it is a huge mistake to have it there, but that is their decision. I just wonder why they didn't build in the St. Charles area to really compete with BP. I imagine that the land prices were too high in St. Charles though.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
a bud of mine that works for st.louis co. said
last year thay had bought the corner of 44 & 100
and were going to build there, this he got from a state worker & the next thing ya know there building out at the mills.:stickfight:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.