Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently Cabela's is having a "handgun days" this weekend, friday thru sunday....You can sign up to win a free Crimson Trace Lasergrip!!!! Just in case you wanna go....

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Brad, ya hear of any good deals at Cabela's on handguns? Only reason I'd even think of messin' with the crowd there.

Jack

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Fireman.. you still in the market for a crimson trace?

I was "this far" from ordering one from Midway USA..

What frame ya got?

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Oh.. and Nicholas...

Are these thing crap or what??? I am considering.. heavily.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jack, I have no idea on any deals, I just got the email from Crimson Trace...

Rat, I will have one someday, but don't have the handgun just yet.....lol!!! Too busy puttin snakeskins on bowlimbs an such...!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Got it.. lets hear your review! I need advice from an expert.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I could only give you advice from a personal defense application. Muscle memory is developed from repetition and then you obtain a process that will aid you in acquiring your target, with or without an artificial laser sight. When I teach one on one close quarter home firearm safety I am brutal and demand utmost physical and mental awareness. Each individual is trained on their ability to continue. Once and only once you develop the skills needed then you will ONLY benefit from the laser sights. It is another visual aid that helps you get on target, and you want to get on target. Build your foundation, then add the bells and whistles. Like the GPS, know your orienteering skills then GPS it! Blah Blah blah, yoda, yoda, yoda!

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Agreed.. I have a sense of comfortability with my short-bbls so far... least I can make a lot of noise with them! :)

Have you any experience with these crimson trace grips?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I black out all of my sights on my personal hand guns, I believe in KISS, and have only used them on a static range. I would like to try one on a clearing house but only in fun!

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
They are pricey.. and I have no idea about sighting or reliability...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think of the handgun as an extension of your
hand, posture and sight-vision. Instinctive, if you will.

Now... I am no expert and certainly am not a very good shot with em.
But, I feel confident at say 20yds and inside on upper mass scores. I'm sure that this would get me home if I have an invader.
BTW... teach your wife how to handle and use this tool. She absolutely needs to know and be comfortable with it. Sound reasonable??

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch
What's this? A trainer of sorts?
CP.. its an aftermarket grip with integrated laser aiming functionality..

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Why not a shotgun with 00-buck for home defense??
Very good point, however, my night-stand will not accomodate a shotgun, even cut down!

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
rat - this is where my trainer question came from.
Originally posted by Nicholas
I could only give you advice from a personal defense application. Muscle memory is developed from repetition and then you obtain a process that will aid you in acquiring your target, with or without an artificial laser sight. When I teach one on one close quarter home firearm safety I am brutal and demand utmost physical and mental awareness. Each individual is trained on their ability to continue. Once and only once you develop the skills needed then you will ONLY benefit from the laser sights. It is another visual aid that helps you get on target, and you want to get on target. Build your foundation, then add the bells and whistles. Like the GPS, know your orienteering skills then GPS it! Blah Blah blah, yoda, yoda, yoda!
I'm not real hip on a device that can pin-point your location to the enemy in the darkness. But that's my ignorant view.
Gotcha.. very good point and I hadnt considered it. :)

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think most mopes that would see a little red dot dancin on thier chest, are gonna poop and run....lol...the rest, ya shoot!!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
I'm not sure how visible to the intruder that laser would be.
I know what my view would be but aquiring the target in the heat of the moment
still has to be instinctive.. I wouldnt spend too much time in this circumstance trying
to shoot buttons off his shirt.

I'd like to demo one... been thinking about this for some time now.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
I'm with Nicholas, partway, anyhow. Muscle memory is the big thing, get yourself completely in synch with the pistol(revolver, whatever). I like my sights, though, big sights, black as my heart, and big (did I say BIG?) I shot IPSC for 17 years, practically every weekend, and twice DURING the week, for those years (yes, I was obsessed!) I like to see those sights, when I bring up the pistol, and use them. Front Sight, Squeeze Trigger. A laser is, to me, just a distraction, when I should be paying attention to the target (whatever it may be). With all those years of practice, even the tritium sights are mostly unnecessary, I can feel whether or not the Colt is pointed correctly (muscle memory), and then get hold of that FRONT SIGHT, put it on the target and kill it. Simple as that.
I realize that not everyone is as dedicated as I once was, but anyone carrying a pistol needs to practice with it, and practice hard, until "accessories" are superflous. That's my thoughts on it, anyway. 5th C, USPSA/IPSC Nationals 1989

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
I do have the tritiums on my smith.. but I (as always) agree totally with your post Glenn.

Important stuff to remember for sure.

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Good point, once again..

I'm thinking that the noise, flash and un-anticipated resistance would disorient
someone trying to fleece you in the night. my .02

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.