Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cabela\'s Big Buck Contest...Edited!

Just to let ya'll know, Cabela's is having a big buck contest this weekend, saturday and sunday...Starts at 10 on sat, 11 on sunday. The flyer states that winners will recieve merchandise and such. I will be there helping measure both days, so stop in!!! If you have a deer that needs measuring, bring it with ya! If you have a monster, or know someone who does, come enter it, see what ya might win!!! I'm bettin there will be some hogs on display, so come check it out!!!

·
Under appreciated
92,114 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Is there a "shed" catagory?
Think ya might have a contender DSG? lol

·
Under appreciated
92,114 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Yes, I would say so Rat. Serious.

Have you seen it? Din't remember if you had.
I think I have.. if its the same wood you had pics of bout a month ago or so at Hayzers.. tractor tire dealy?

·
Under appreciated
92,114 Posts
I think it may do MORE than just contend :eek:

Tis a GREAT find bud.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Not sure if i can make it but if there is a shed category i might consider the trip

[file]7912[/file]

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no idea if there is a shed catagory, but you can bet we'd sho like to see em!!!! Show Me Mo. Big Bucks has a shed record book, DSG and RAKMAN, those sheds would go hi, fo sho!!!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Dang, I din't know about the ShoMe Big Bucks shed catagory. Need to get that one measured. I am pretty sure it would meet the minimum and I don't even know what it is! :wink:

We have a "find" (complete) that might make it too.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Minimums are 60" typical, 70" non typical...If ya want, bring it to the get to gether, and we'll measure it, and get it entered if ya'd like!!! I'll bring me measurin tools, just in case!!!

Far as that goes, if ANYBODY has something they want measured, bring it along, I'll be there fri afternoon, thru sat early afternoon!!!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'll do just that fireman. I will bring the "find" too if I can get up norf to get it before then. :cheers: And I'll have another, for ya to measure.

Here is the "find."

[file]7914[/file]

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good find, DSG!!

RAKMAN, I can't tell ya where exactly that would fall in the record book, but it would have to go pretty high!!! Show Me Mo Big Bucks also does annual awards, called the "Brundage Awards"...given to the top 5 sheds, and deer, entered in the "book, in each catagory, typical, nontypical, bow, rifle, youth kill, etc....I would have to believe at 96+ inches, you would qualify!!! There just isn't that many big non typical sheds found, that one is a dandy! If nothing else, bring it to the deer classic next march, or any official measurer can help ya out with it also.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I've got a set of antlers here that DSG and I think would take the top prize, but I doubt I can make it down there.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, bring em to me, and I'll enter em...lol!!!

And, why in the heck aren't ya sharing some pics H????

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
You're monitor isn't big enough fireman:eek:

·
Under appreciated
92,114 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
You're monitor isn't big enough fireman:eek:
Ok... I'm corfused as usual..

Is the set youre talking about different than the sheds that were found in
the tractor tire?

I just remember seeing you and dsg handling a nice shed antler in one
of the pics from your place here bout a month ago.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
YOU confused? I ain't never seen a confused rat:confused:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.