CABELA'S $5,000,000.00 Incentives' To Add Store Here

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by Nicholas, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    CABELA\'S $5,000,000.00 Incentives\' To Add Store Here

Anyone know what these incentives are?

:wave:

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'd guess taxes would be a big part of that.....cuts on utilities maybe for a term also???

3. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    If I wanted to open an auto parts store or restuarant in Hazelwood, do you think they'll cut me a sweet deal like that too? Doubt it.

I like Cabelas and all, but they're a very successful company and have been flush with cash since they went public two years ago. You'd think they could finance an expansion without asking for a taxpayer handout. Who do they think they are? Wal-Mart???

:soapbox:

4. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    WM could call MT, they may need the incentives to be in BP's backyard!

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Mark Twain, I wholeheartedly agree with you....but, like the old sayin goes...It takes money to make money....must be why I'm always broke!!!

6. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
  7. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Funnie you should say that---Not that I know much more about them then any one else. :banana::banana:

I do know that with the new Branson Landing and all I have been told that looking at a location near Branson is not out of the question-----but thats al rumor control at this point!:peepwall:

8. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    That's true. It wasn't too long ago that businesses would go to the bank when they needed a loan. Now they go to city hall.

9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Chrysler corp did the same here in Kokomo a few years ago. They're going to create X number of jobs in the community and add to our economy the money those new employees spend here so asked for tax water and sewage cuts. The cuts only lasted a few years I believe.

If Kokomo wouldn't have done it the next city they approached would have.

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    This is the point. Who cares if they NEED the money? In a free market, towns and cities are allowed to essentially BID on having a successfull company come to their town.

I know, I said FREE MARKET. OOOOhhhhhhhh!:eek:

11. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i think you will find that with most big business who are putting up a new store or plant. no matter where it is the community better make it attractive for them if they want to land it and both sides usually benefit. as steve said though it the cuts and incentives usually have a sunshine date on them.