CA parking lot

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Wazhazhe_Thunder, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Wazhazhe_Thunder

Wazhazhe_Thunder New Member

May 26, 2010
    on the river
    Is it legal to sight in your guns at Conservation Area parking lots ?

2. Tuffke

Tuffke New Member

Jul 24, 2009

3. I would say no because all the areas I have been to say no shooting unless there is a designated shooting range :shrug:

:cheers:

4. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :confused:

Not sure I'll look between 10 and 11 if you don't have an answer

5. OutbackBio

OutbackBio Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Kansas City
    NO. As looking for guns stated, target shooting on CA's is only in designated shooting areas. Some areas do not even allow single projectiles. Depending on where you are in the state, MDC does have some really nice shooting ranges though.

6. [rquote=1884730&tid=131296&author=wildbio]NO. As looking for guns stated, target shooting on CA's is only in designated shooting areas. Some areas do not even allow single projectiles. Depending on where you are in the state, MDC does have some really nice shooting ranges though.[/rquote]

Yep I was just out at Little Indian Creek (or Indian Creek Shooting range some call it Little some just call it Indian :shrug: ) shooting range tonight

:cheers:

7. OutbackBio

OutbackBio Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Kansas City
    Hope you got everything sighted in for this weekend. Good luck to you!!

8. Wazhazhe_Thunder

May 26, 2010
    on the river
    The reason I ask is because I border a CA. Their are no ranges at the five parking lots on this end of the CA. I was bow hunting on the CA this afternoon next to the house on a ridge. The parking lot is about 400 yards through the woods from my front door, I was about half way between the house and parking lot. About 3 pm I hear the first three shots and it scared the crap out. I got down and went to the house. I thought dang they opened firearms season and forgot to tell me. They shot about 40 times between 3pm and 6pm.

If I hear them shooting tomorrow afternoon I will be calling the Game Wardens. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

9. Wazhazhe_Thunder

May 26, 2010
    on the river
    I forgot to mention they are camped out at the parking lot, and they do have Missouri plates so I figured they would know the laws.

10. bulletman

bulletman Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sedalia
    there's no camping at the parking lots either if I'm not mistaken

11. Wazhazhe_Thunder

May 26, 2010
    on the river
    [rquote=1885030&tid=131296&author=Bulletman]there's no camping at the parking lots either if I'm not mistaken[/rquote]

You can camp at these parking lots according to the signs at the parking lot.

If it would have been a small game hunter or a bird hunter it would not have bothered me at all. But the fact of it being a high powered rifle did. How did they know their was not somebody bow hunting on the back side of the field next to the parking lot. Just because no vehicle was parked at the parking lot does not mean nobody was in there hunting. It just made me mad when they started slinging lead with a high powered rifle in my direction.

I just obtained the property back in May and remodeled the existing home. Nobody has lived here on the property in 8 years. It was to late to get a no shooting zone on my property line next to the house this year because they already had the CA maps printed and out. My front door is 50' from the Ca property line and the new maps will come out next spring with a no shooting zone.

Sorry for the rant.

12. OutbackBio

OutbackBio Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Kansas City
    Sorry you have to deal with this one. Make sure you call the Conservation Agent imediately when your hear them shooting. there is nothing they can do if you call days later. If you can get a plate number that is also good but don't put yourself in a bad situation just to do so.