Busted my first turkey!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Hunta4Life19, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Hunta4Life19

Hunta4Life19 New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm hooked on this Turkey hunting for life. This morning was all rainy and nasty out. I got out of bed anyway made some coffee and headed to the woods, told myself cant get one in bed! So I got to this spot I had picked out where I have seen alot of turkey activity. Sat down and heard a gobble about 25 yards away. They were a little late flyin off the roost but I heard em comming down. I started to get the turkey fever. All of my calls were wet coulnt use them so I tryed my mouth call which im not to great at but it seemed to work out. I saw them comming down the hill. There was two gobblers just struttin proudly, So I hit the mouth call then they gobbled. I figured thats a good sign. They got into range and a blasted at him with my 835. He was 25#, He had 1 in spurs so im guessing two year old bird? He had a 9.5 in. beard. I was done hunting at 7:00. Had a fun morning out there. This is my first year turkey hunting I sure have enjoyed it. Its sure a rush.I appreciate all of the tips I have recieved on this board..sure helped out...I have attached a pic of the tail feathers and beard. He looked like a wet rat this morning lol.. But I got him all dryed up soaked him in some coalman fuel at the taxidermy shop. Still have to build base for him..... Good Luck guys..

Hunta4life19

2. Hunta4Life19

Hunta4Life19 New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    OOPs

Sry about size...anyway we can resize it? Sry ...:roll2:

3. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    :cheers::cheers:

good job on the bird

4. xxx