Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hooked on this Turkey hunting for life. This morning was all rainy and nasty out. I got out of bed anyway made some coffee and headed to the woods, told myself cant get one in bed! So I got to this spot I had picked out where I have seen alot of turkey activity. Sat down and heard a gobble about 25 yards away. They were a little late flyin off the roost but I heard em comming down. I started to get the turkey fever. All of my calls were wet coulnt use them so I tryed my mouth call which im not to great at but it seemed to work out. I saw them comming down the hill. There was two gobblers just struttin proudly, So I hit the mouth call then they gobbled. I figured thats a good sign. They got into range and a blasted at him with my 835. He was 25#, He had 1 in spurs so im guessing two year old bird? He had a 9.5 in. beard. I was done hunting at 7:00. Had a fun morning out there. This is my first year turkey hunting I sure have enjoyed it. Its sure a rush.I appreciate all of the tips I have recieved on this board..sure helped out...I have attached a pic of the tail feathers and beard. He looked like a wet rat this morning lol.. But I got him all dryed up soaked him in some coalman fuel at the taxidermy shop. Still have to build base for him..... Good Luck guys..

Hunta4life19

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
:cheers::cheers:

good job on the bird

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
You are ruint now.........Congrats

·
5,632 Posts
Congrats, bud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.