Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else get drawn for the late Busch hunt? I haven't been drawn for three years, and am really looking forward to it. Last time I killed a doe on new years eve. It will be nice to hunt an area that has an abundance of deer. Gun season was difficult to say the least. I feel fortunate to have taken an 8 pointer with my bow the Wednesday before gun season, as I only saw about seven deer the whole season hunting everyday.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I feel your pain with minimal deer sightings during rifle season. It was a tough one for me also. You should have better luck at Busch though. Lots of deer in there.

Good luck and hope you put a good one down.:cheers::cheers:

·
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last time I hunted it was doe central. I hunted around food sources and had some very enjoyable sits. The bucks however were scarce. I hope some good scouting the next few weeks will pay off. I also hope for some cold weather to get them moving in the early afternoon. Either way I expect to enjoy the heck out of myself.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. Some cold weather may help the deer movement during shooting hours. If you find the does, there's bound to be a buck around the area somewhere.:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts