Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, matt opens up his whisper creek bow today for x-mas, i get it all set up for draw length, and start fine tuning the draw weight for him. i have him start at 5 yards so i can at least get the arrows on the target and see where the sights need to be. well, turns out the ibo speed they have on their site is a JOKE...210fps at 30lbs with a (forget the number) arrow is so far wrong i'm really really po'd. at 5 yards, with the sight ring adjusted as far down as it can possibly go, using the bottom-most pin...it is still hitting the target about 8" lower than he is aiming. he shot ALOT today, and i checked, and rechecked his form and release, and that isnt the problem. this bow is shooting so slow that a short fiberglass arrow can barely make it 15 feet....i'm thoroughly pizzd off. Jen doesnt know yet, and i really dont know what my options are. i still have the factory packaging, so i have no clue. they also claimed it was adjustable to 30lbs draw weight, and i am here to tell ya...this thng, with the poundage adjusters cranked all the way down...MIGHT be hitting 15 lbs of draw...MAYBE. my blood is boiling right now, and i'm trying to figure out my options here. i feel i was ripped off by terribly false advertising...and Matt had visions of hittin the woods with this bow...and that will never ever happen.

meanwhile while i'm typing Jen calls and i'm telling her..and she says return the thing and go buy a matthews.:eek: i doubt the company will give me my money back, and i am guessing i MIGHT be able to get 75-100 bucks out of this bow on a trade in, maybe less because its a lefty model and well, lefties are a rareity...especially in the bow community.

what would you guys do. the kids dreams of getting into bowhunting with this rig are crushed, and i am so livid about being ripped i cant see straight.

help a dad make a kid extra happy:whiteflag:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Where did You buy it? Is it new? They had better give Your money back !! How much was it? Take a look at the Diamond edge. If You want to check 1 out get with Me & You can see My Sons. It's a very good looking setup & shoots fast. There is 10" of draw length adjustment & You can get it in a different draw weights.
Cat

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by catmech_99
Where did You buy it? Is it new? They had better give Your money back !! How much was it? Take a look at the Diamond edge. If You want to check 1 out get with Me & You can see My Sons. It's a very good looking setup & shoots fast. There is 10" of draw length adjustment & You can get it in a different draw weights.
Cat
bought it online, and it was brand spanking new in the original factory packaging. it was 180 bucks for everything.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Tell Them that You are a Member of a 3000 member online hunting group & We spread the word for good sellers as well as bad 1's !!
Good luck !!
Cat

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Return Policy:
At BowHuntingStuff.com we want you to be happy with your purchase. We appreciate your business and want you to be a repeat customer. Normal Web Site items may be returned within 30 days of the purchase date for a refund or exchange.
NOTE:This does not include items won in an auction unless the item you receive does not match the description listed in the auction or the item is damaged during shipment.

doesnt say anything about it being out of the box and used...i have their number, hopefully theyll be in tomorrow and i can let them know about it. i sure hope they stand behind their product. only reason i didnt buy it localy is, the bow shop could only get the right handed model..no lefties.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
you hit them with cat said and that might get them thinking but be cool at first although i would be all jacked up about that dad always says kill them with kindness thats what dad always says once you get what you want then bash them hahahaha

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i plan on coming into the discussion stating my concerns rather calmly, if it needs to escelate...it will. i have no problems with that anymore after fighting with dell for the last 2 months about fixing my computer.:soapbox:

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Good luck.I feel for you.I had the same thing happen about 10 years ago when i bought my son a bow.It was a hunk of junk.They did refund my money and i bought him a pse.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thing is, those guys on AT sing these bows praises.....i dont get it:shrug:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Is there a chance that either the back knocking point of the arrow, or the peep alignment may be off?

Just something to look at. I can't see the bow, so I'm just trying to help out so he's not out the bow.

Parker

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
I have a really dumb question: Is Matt right or left eye dominant?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I second the Diamond Edge, IMO hands down the best all around youth bow out there. I gave my 12 yr old a Bear Badge I found on Craigslist for $100.00 and am very happy with it. 30-45lb and it shoots hard, came fully set up with a dozen carbons and release, didnt have to spend another dime, the peep is even sitting good for him.

Good luck Jeremy.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
theres no peep on it, but its not that its hitting low because of a sighting problem, it just shoots that slow, the arrow arches on its way to the target. like i said, it claimed 25-30lbs top draw...and from experiane, this thing isnt hitting anything over maybe 10-12lbs draw. i killed my first deer with a 35# bear compound and that thing flung those big ol aluminum arrows with the quickness. i could choot out to 30 yards accurately with that bow, we cant even shoot past 10 yards...the arrow will bounce off of the block target, its that slow.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The whisper creek my buddys foster son has shoots way better than that, there has to be something wrong with that bow, give em heck till they make it right !!:soapbox:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by cummins5.9
I have a really dumb question: Is Matt right or left eye dominant?
he's left handed, left eye dominant. his form and release is pretty darn good as well for a first timer. i watched to make sure he wasnt messing anything up for over an hour while he shot...and its deffinitely not him, or anything he is doing. at first i had him shooting with a release, but then switch to finger release and he shot much better, but theres something beyond our control causing these problems. we're going to bass pro in the next couple days, so i'll buy him a good bow down there if this company wont help us out and sell this thing on ebay and hope for the best. i just cant let him shoot it, as its doing nothing but frustrating him, and giving me high blood pressure the longer i watch him struggle, especially when this bow was advertised as something it is totaly not.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm going downstairs to grab the bow again and check the instructions again, but..i had a copy with me and read them all day, and i know i did everything right, but..one last chance.

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
That's cool, I was only asking because if he was right-eye dominant, I would suggest he shoot right-handed. That's how I am, left-handed but right-eye dominant. It would open up a lot more choices as far as bows go if that were the case.

That being said, it's clear to me that you guys are doing nothing wrong. Even if the peep was way high or low(not the case), it wouldn't cause the problems you're having.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, i just double checked everything on the bow, and its set up right on the money. :whiteflag: the box "claims" shorter draw lengths "may" causes lower lb draw weight, but he's pulling far enough that he's easily past the breaking point of the cams, so he is getting the full effect of the cam lobe. :shrug:

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Jeremy, ya might want to try some really small aluminum arrows first. Fiberglass arrows are extremely heavy. Something in aluminum along the lines of 16xx or 17xx series would be better weighted arrows for such a light bow.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i took it down into the basement and shot one of my arrows (with no tip) which are carbon 6075's and it didnt make much of a difference. if he shot a squirrel with it, the squirrel would exact revenge against him for poking it with a stick.
my nephew has a 30lb bear (i believe) and that bow just rips the arrows through the air like a full size bow, if he misses the target and hits the metal shed (which is a metal shed built in the early 1900's, so its not that thin cheap tin they use now..its actually galv steel) his arrow will penetrate the steel and rip the fletches clean off of it. theres something going on with this bow...if he hit a soda can at 10 yards, it would dent it...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts