Bumped out

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by txcobowhunter, Oct 28, 2010.

1. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    So as I am walking into my stand this morning, the flash on my game cam goes off when I am about 150 yards away. I stop and wait for a good 5 minutes, nothing else happens so I go on into my stand. About half way there, I hear a deer run off towards the south. I go ahead and climb into the stand, and sit for the morning. When I get out of the stand, I check the cam to find that this was the deer that was in there this morning. I know to most it's not a big deer, but, it is the best deer we have gotten on cam this year. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't!!! :shrug:

[file]143658[/file]

P.S. My stand is about 20 yards straight in front of the deer.

2. jwgossage

jwgossage New Member

Bummer- that is something that would happen to me- Keep plugging away! At least you know you have a shooter walking around out there!

3. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    Doesn't matter if he see's you, here's you, or anything else...as long as he didn't wind you he'll be back around.

4. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Looks like a shooter to me dont give up. At least you know what you got around now.:eek::

5. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I'd shoot no question

6. LinnCoBowHunter

LinnCoBowHunter Senior Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Grain Valley MO
    No shame in that deer. Especially if thats the best one you've seen all year. Hope you get em..:cheers:

7. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    Here's another pic I got of him a couple of days ago from a different cam. I have a stand 20 yards off of this trail, and had hunted this stand the night before. He's hanging around and hopefully he will start moving more in the daylight hours!!!

[file]143759[/file]

8. ImADoeBuster

ImADoeBuster New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Jefferson City
  9. Jeet

Jeet New Member

Jul 15, 2010