Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a couple Guys from CVA Asked one what was the difference between Great Plains Bullet and PowerBelt? He tells me the Plastic Gas Check is the difference,gives the Bullet more consistency.Asked him if he felt the heavy Bullets were needed over Patch and Ball out of my Sidelock? Yes.

The I go talk with one of their other Guys.Asked him if I was Over Killing using Great Plains Bullets? Yes.Then he goes on to try and sell the all Lead Conicals they are Pushing.

Told them how sorry I was that they got away from Sidelocks.They go on to say that Sidelocks don't move.And tried to tell me how easy it is to Clean their Inlines,plus how much farther they can shoot.

Me I don't fault anyone using Inline I use one,but all my Rifles I spend time cleaning.To me it is part of the Hunt,gives me time to see whats going on with my weapon.

I don't know I just got the feeling they were getting away from Muzzleloading Hunting and pushing for more money.:confused:

I'm thinking I will stay with the Great Plains Bullets.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin is going from Lead Pea to Plated.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
:D The Big Grin is gonna have some success this year I feel.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oneshot 1: I have and and shoot both inline and sidelock rifles. Personally, I prefer the sidelock, but have harvested deer with both.

I started fooling with Bp in the mid 60's and through the years I have developed a liking to the Great Plains Bullets and use them exclusively in my sidelocks for whitetail. I have had very good luck and never had a problem with the GPB. Get good expansion and 1 shot kills. Have harvested 11 whitetail with GPB.

And, yes I agree $ are what all the new whiz bang items are about.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Dever Bullet Company's 385 Buffalo bullet is more accurate out of most guns between the two. I went to the GP because I can get them over the counter close to home. I don't think the difference is enough in any of my guns to be worth searching for the Buffalo Bullets. If you have problems at 75 yards with the 385 GP's out of any of your guns, hunt up a box of the 385 Buffalo bullets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.