Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my arrows cut today....but I forgot to take my inserts with me. :roll2:

So...do I need to prep the tips of the arrows, before glueing the inserts?

Anything else I need to know?

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
That will work just fine. Not sure how long it takes for it to dry and cure, but you may get it overnight......Them strings ought to be there within a day or so.:cheers:

·
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The instructions say 6-8 hours, to cure.

Oh yeah ~ can't wait to get my new strings! Those colors are gonna be cool, for sure... :D

If'n you don't mind ~ another question for ya', MoBowman...

You said the **** vane needs to be on the bottom, but the nocks don't line 'em up that way ~ yet.

I turned one to get it right, but should I remove 'em & glue 'em, or would just turning 'em be fine?

Geez ~ there's nothin' like being a newbie again... :neuspeuter:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Rick, just turn the nocks and they won't move after you get them set. I wouldn't use glue on em. Once you get the nock turned put it on the rest and check the vane closest to the cable and make sure it will clear. Doesn't need much room. Double cheech the **** vane and make sure it will clear thru the rest and your set.

:D You might want to go ahead and buy another dozen arrows, cause when we get done with ya, you'll be bustin nocks left and right.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.