Bucks visiting your stand

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by EZRA, Dec 10, 2017.

1. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Let's see some trailcam pics of big bucks that made a visit when u were at work or in the wrong stand lol. Doesn't have to be this year

2. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016

3. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

MFDC0796.jpg

That's my ladder stand just to the right of the doe. I got in this stand a few minutes after this pic was taken. Had it not been so hot I would have been in it already. I just tell myself he wouldn't have stopped.

birdhunter33, 20' and EZRA like this.
  4. henry

You can see my blind over the top of this bucks back. This was the weekend before the other pic. The wind wasn't right for the blind so I don't have to beat myself up. trail cam 8 point.PNG

EZRA and 20' like this.
  5. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Henry, what county are you guys in?

Bubba75 likes this.
  6. henry

Randolph.

birdhunter33, EZRA and 20' like this.
  7. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    I am not good with being able to draw circles on pics, but at the base of the big cottonwood slightly in front of the bucks nose in background (25 yds) is my climber stand. Can't remember why I could not be in it that day work or what. scrape.jpg

Dafish likes this.
  8. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    heck ya, just looked up where Randolph is, cheers!!!

9. henry

Don't get too excited. I'm in the southern part of the county. Mostly pasture and woods. The northern part is better. That's where the Gibson buck was killed.

20' likes this.
  10. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Cool pics guys. It doesn't have to have the stand in the background even those are cooler. I have lots of cams near one of my stands over scrapes.

11. mattys281

mattys281 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Arizona
    user17_pic1926_1497252497.jpg

This is probably my favorite trail cam pic I've gotten so far. And I got it the first Saturday of the 2015 season..... while I was at work. :(

bluecan, aquafowler and EZRA like this.
  12. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

Put my cams by the stands just to see.....

EZRA and 20' like this.
  13. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Mattys those are some big cool trees!

14. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Purdee picha.

trappermark likes this.
  15. mattys281

mattys281 Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Arizona
    It is a very neat area in Eastern az about 20-25 miles away from nm state line. Elevation is in the 8500-9000 ft neighborhood. It was our last stand of virgin ponderosa until 2011 when some dipchit hiker got lost and started a signal fire that ended up burning over half a million acres. As devastating as the fire was though, it was a major win fall for deer and elk. Those forests were as thick as anything you’d see in coastal Washington, but now they’re much more open and there’s a lot more food around. Not sure it helped the bears any though doesn’t seem like I see as many of them as I used to.

It didn’t get all the trees there’s still pockets that are thick as they ever were. I shot my best coues so far off that spot. A big ole tough guy who’s teeth were worn right to the gum lines. Taxi said he was so old that he probably wouldn’t have made it through the winter. I should have pulled a tooth and had him aged but didn’t think about it until it was too late. That was a good day!

DougC and EZRA like this.
  16. LovinTheHuntin

LovinTheHuntin Member

Mar 13, 2013
    This is During the second youth portion. I had only a few pictures from last year of him and about 6-7 from this year. On the last day of youth my nephew got him when he chased a doe out in front of us and they stopped.

Attached Files:

20' and EZRA like this.
  17. Muzzy-83

Muzzy-83 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Adair Co
    The first pic was a Friday morning, I was working. Sat in the stand Saturday morning and shot a doe. Neighbors son shot the buck during firearm season. Saw the rack in person, very nice. The second pic I'm not sure why I wasn't hunting. It was a short tined 10pt we have several pics of. The 3rd pic really bummed me out. The 1st weekend of November, I chose to hunt evenings. Had several good bucks close to stands on cam. I like this one because the young buck is what triggered the cam, he is looking for a fight. 20171211_214701.png 20171211_214427.png Screenshot_20171211-213813.png 20171211_214349.png

EZRA likes this.
  18. 421sd

421sd Part-time malcontent

Dec 23, 2012
    Ozarks Plateau
    My camera is about 5 or 10 yards in front of the stand, depending on location.

collage.jpeg

I was sitting in another stand about 300 yard away this morning. I got him the next week.

2012 deer walking.jpg

STTH and 20' like this.
  19. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    421 that's a stud! U got any mounted pics of him

421sd likes this.
  20. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    letemgrow, mattys281 and 421sd like this.