Bucks that Burnt

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by DCSarchette, Oct 6, 2017.

1. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Active Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    All these bucks burnt up in house fires except the one with the single gun rack. I got him since my last house fire (2014), I've had two, one in 1989, and one in 2010. Lost 5 mounts in each fire. Don't have pictures of all the ones mounted (burnt up), happened to just have these few pictures in my wallet. First house was a total 100% loss, the second about 95% loss. Also had several scull plate/antler mounts, fish, antelope, elk, muley, several turkey spreads and beards. One wall in the first house had 6 turkey spreads on it with the least being a 22lb bearded hen and the biggest a 28+ lb gobbler, several more 26 pounders scattered around the house. Yeah it sucks--I no longer "collect" nothing, have what I need and use, and that's it .

Attached Files:

2. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    What a shame! You've had two house fires?!?!? I can't imagine one, much less two!

3. DCSarchette

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    yup, they suck, well actually three. My parents had one when I was six

4. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    What were the cause of your fires?? Two seems like more than bad luck.

5. DCSarchette

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    When I was six, my parents landlord was in a bad financial way. He thought everyone was gone because the car was gone. Grandma, my two brothers, my sister, and I were all home when he torched it around 2 am. We barely got out. My first one was also a set fire, by my ex's boyfriend. He got by with setting the fire, couldn't prove it, but he didn't get past the severe @$$ kickin he got, then my second one started behind a freezer on the back porch. I am sure it was because of all the dag gummed cat hair collected under it. They liked running under there and my girlfriend at the time had like 30 of the aggravating things. I had smelled it before and cleaned it out, but this time I didn't smell it in time I guess.

Crappie likes this.
  6. Here4Deer

Here4Deer Member

Jul 18, 2017
    30 cats? Was one room a designated litter box for all them?

7. DCSarchette

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    They were outside except for a couple. The freezer was on the open back porch. It had a roof and half wall around it.

8. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

Sucks about the mounts, some nice bucks. Hopefully some of those cats didn't make it out...

DCSarchette likes this.
  9. jawesome357

jawesome357 The Instigator

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    Man that's terrible.

DCSarchette and BustinBucks like this.
  10. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    One the bright side, you can go have some fun replacing them. :tup:

DCSarchette likes this.
  11. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Did the firefighters save the cats?

BustinBucks likes this.
  12. DCSarchette

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    My first fire I lived 10 miles out, and by the time they got there it was pretty much gone.I lived 3 blocks from the fire station at the time of my last fire. It took them 40 minutes to get there, and then the pump on the truck was froze up. The guys about got in a fight over who's responsibility it was to drain the pumps in cold weather. It was 16 degrees.It was another 30-35 minutes before the second truck got there, yup pretty much gutted by then. The cats? There were two in the house, and they both bout knocked us down when we opened the door to get out. All the "porch cats" split just as quick. My girlfriend had several (10-12) exoctic birds, like blue and gold mcCalls etc., they all were screaming like crazy until the smoke got them, then they became ash clumps in their cages. I bout had to knock her out to get her to leave them, and keep her from trying to go back in after them. I did, like a dumba$$, belly crawl back in under the smoke and got our cell phones, and my britches with my wallet. She also had 5 incubators set in the spare room and about 1-200 baby chicks (1-4 day olds) in brooders. they became toast. We had two dogs tied to close to the house. I got my hair singed, and all but got my back blistered, getting them moved. It wasn't a very good night one could say, but it could have been a lot worse.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017