Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Buck to doe ratio

829 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  WBF
So about 5 years ago our farm got obliterated by EHD. Deer numbers are finally on the rise. My question is by camera and by sighting we now seem to have way more bucks than doe . Lots of 3 1/2 and younger bucks? I am going to guess 6 bucks to every do . We have had 1 doe killed off of it in 6 years by a first timer. Thoughts? Ideas?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Enjoy it.
I saw similar after the 06 and 07 dieoffs here. I’d guess the bachelor groups just happened to be where the midge flies weren’t so bad and the does weren’t so lucky. I’d guess it was 4 bucks to each doe in 07. We didn’t kill any does for 4 or 5 yrs and even after that it was just a doe here and there by my handicapped guest till last fall. We finally were seeing decent numbers again and took a few does.
1 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr old bucks eat great.
Reactions: 1
Enjoy the pre-rut... rut .... regardless of age ... should be a heck of a show . I'd be investing in @Vector grunt calls ASAP if you haven't already ...
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.