Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he is just sticking his other leg out and to the side a little to reach the ground to eat. His other side looks to be fine. I had one pic of him where it looks like he just about fell over. It is not the big one that was around here thankfully.

I am getting these pics over a little corn i'm putting out everyday to see what bucks made it. The cam is on a tree that is on our fenceline facing my place. I wonder what the warden would say about shootin him. I bet it would get me a pretty good ticket. It looks like he is coming off my neighbors place anyway so i prob wouldn't even see him during daylight.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
if you show the agent those pics i bet he would meet ya half way on something like that.. pretty sad to see a animal suffer like that...

·
Registered
816 Posts
thats a shame...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Call your warden, he or she will let you take the deer I'll bet.
Upon downloading the pic & enhancing it there definitly is bone or something protuding from the shoulder, probably 8" or more.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I hate to see a deer in that condition. A real shame.

·
Registered
70,359 Posts
I had photos of this little buck in the fall on my game camera at my feeder. I figured he couldn't last the winter but in June I got this picture of him in velvet. He was carrying that front leg the same in each photo. I saw him a week before this picture and he was just barely getting around. He had lost a lot more weight during the winter. He hobbled from my corn feeder to the little pond in the woods. He stayed in an area about 100 yards in circumference.

Needless to say....he didn't make it to breeding season. Poor fella....I felt sorry for him.

[file]89605[/file]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.