Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that's it's too early to know it's effect, but has anyone heard of the Buck Growl from MAD calls, and if yes, do you think it will work? Also, how much $$$ did you have to fork out for it?

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I've heard of it, no idea if it will work.

There's always some new call coming out. I was skeptical about the snort wheeze for awhile, but it has worked for me several times. Who knows.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by Bowpredator
I'm waiting for one of them companies to come out with a buck fart call complete with an instructional tape and scent to go along with it!

:D:bangin:
:hysterical::hysterical::cheers:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Originally posted by Keith
I'm waiting for one of them companies to come out with a buck fart call complete with an instructional tape and scent to go along with it!

:hysterical::hysterical::cheers:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
640 Posts
My buddy had one and told me that I should pick one up just to play around with it and because it came with a short DVD, so I spent $20 on it at BP. Calls never seem to work the way they do in the videos, but if they did, I should have deer storming me all season long this year. I don't know if I'll even take it to the woods, but it's fun as heck to annoy the wife with it while I'm walking around the house.
:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
i have seen whitetail madness, and they use this call. the only problem when mark uses it the deer is already 35 yrds away. and yea he does come in about 5 more for a 15-20 yrd shot, but im not sold. something else ive notices is they will do a call withe the growl, then the camera will cut to a seen with a deer. the camera is never on the deer when they call. good editing. untill i see a deer do a 360 after the call in not sold.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I read about it in NAW, and good info to have buckbuster, I'm young and tend to be a bit of a sucker for new things that sound good and are sold well. :neuspeuter:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by jwolf21
North America Whitetail had an article on this topic.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/huntingtactics/NWgrowl_080206
.....my .02.....its some MAJOR propaganda.

"Several other times while hunting during the rut, I had heard strange sounds in the woods that probably were in fact buck growls, but at the time I didn't know what those sounds were."

.......COME ON! We always called that the SWAMP MONSTER at our camp!

You guys buy 'em up, and tell us about the results. I'll be putting my foot in my mouth when I come out with a VECtor "Mean Streak" next year.

Parker

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,898 Posts

Dude I can make all the sounds and smells on my own, i don't need any commercial call for that!:***::fart:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,223 Posts
How many calls can you handle before they start getting in the way? Gonna start looking like you're going duck hunting.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I carry right now is a true talker and a rattling bag, but figured if this thing worked anywhere near as well as it was advertised it would be worth carrying around.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i got one b/c i heard it in the wild a couple of years ago and it sounds just like what the calls do. what kind of effect it will have on sucess, i am anxious to see. i will use the regular grunt out of it too it sounds real good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.